This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Saw Sigur Ros with a full orchestra tonight. Pretty spectacular.

Would highly recommend it if you're in Seattle in three days. Really get the full effect of their music.
    I really hope they do the Kennedy Center someday.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Ring the bells that still can ring
      Forget your perfect offering
      There is a crack, a crack in everything
      That's how the light gets in
      (Leonard Cohen)

I listened to that for the first time last night. His lyrics are comforting and I could listen to this all day.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcwgY2NFoCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ-M_8pY6TI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4aXUzOrC68
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-23-2023, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• This morning:

4 Non Blondes (they have some good stuff beyond "What's Up?)
          Lenny Kravitz
          Counting Crows
          Bosstones
          Deftones (White Pony is a better album than I first thought)
          Billie Eilish
          The Chicks
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcwgY2NFoCU
            G-ddamn. Mozart, Verdi, and Stravinski tapping their toes in heaven. This is music!
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

G-ddamn. Mozart, Verdi, and Stravinski tapping their toes in heaven. This is music!
              I have two suggested playlists on Spotify that update weekly - one on Mondays and the other on Fridays. The Monday list suggests a deeper dive into artists I've liked and then similar artists that I haven't yet liked. Fridays is new releases. The Monday list when I have time to look around has been my favorite as it's introduced me to stuff like this. Of course it's hit or miss but I otherwise wouldn't find what I have since I got the app. to Z

Actually I forgot about the 6 Daily Lists. Each are slightly different grouping of artists based upon genre and/or eras. What's cool is that I have created a single list that pulls from those 6 lists, and then I sort the songs alphabetically. The lists update regularly, but once I've added them to my created list the songs remain unless I remove them. So when I'm not listening to a full album (my preferred listening method) I almost never have to hear the same song twice over the course of several weeks. That list now has over 2,000 songs.
              Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-23-2023, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• A pilgrimage to Red Rocks should be a requirement for full US citizenship.

saw Nathaniel Rateliff there tonight for my first visit to Red Rocks. Spiritual is the only word I can think of that describes that experience.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A pilgrimage to Red Rocks should be a requirement for full US citizenship.

saw Nathaniel Rateliff there tonight for my first visit to Red Rocks. Spiritual is the only word I can think of that describes that experience.
                  I love Red Rocks. I've been fortunate enough to see the Grateful Dead, Big Head Todd, REM and The Cure there. For an outdoor venue it ranks very high for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I love Red Rocks. I've been fortunate enough to see the Grateful Dead, Big Head Todd, REM and The Cure there. For an outdoor venue it ranks very high for me.
                    Honest question, what venues even rank near red rocks?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Although it doesn't have the aesthetics, Alpine Valley in WI is great, and I'd highly rank the Gorge in WA as well as the Hollywood Bowl. I've heard very good things about The Greek but I've never been and can't vouch.

Comment

Felsenreitschule

Dalhalla

Plovdiv

Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          This morning:

4 Non Blondes (they have some good stuff beyond "What's Up?)
                          Lenny Kravitz
                          Counting Crows
                          Bosstones
                          Deftones (White Pony is a better album than I first thought)
                          Billie Eilish
                          The Chicks
                          My wife is going to see The Chicks tomorrow. They’re headlining the State Fair. Tonight it’s The Black Keys. Decent lineup of bands this year even if most of them aren’t my thing. I’d have loved to see the Black Keys tonight. I caught them once back in 2008, when they opened for The Black Crowes at…the state fair.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Dead Man's Bones - Pa Pa Power

Comment

• Out in Grand Rapids last night for Alter Bridge, supported by Sevendust. AB were very good, but in terms of energy and crowd engagement, Sevendust stole the spotlight. They aren't my favorite style of metal per se, but I was impressed.

Myles Kennedy sounded great for most of AB's set, but looked tired. Mark Tremonti seemed to be enjoying himself, at least in the, "I don't really need to be here, I just love playing, plus this tour is paying for my beach rental in Hawaii this winter" sense. :-p

Comment

• Sevendust is a criminally underrated live performance. Like you their music itself isn’t exactly my thing (I like it, kinda, sorta), but I have seen them live numerous times at different shows/festivals. Lajon always brings the energy and gets everyone jumping in short order. Truly impressive.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve run into issues at times because of it. Some bands might be scared to have them open.
                                Last edited by state of hockey; 08-26-2023, 01:37 PM.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X