• Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Wu-Tang Clan > everybody.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Great tribute to Sondheim. Played on the pit for a couple productions of Sweeney Todd and Into the Woods in high school and college. Some of my fondest memories. RIP.

https://youtu.be/HDEAYJcenI8

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    In honor of Mike Nesmith's passing, I present.....

Written by Death Cab For Cutie's Ben Gibbard, and yes, I'm posting it about Mike Nesmith, but it's Mickey Dolenz' harmony vocal that makes this song. Who knew he had this in him?

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Thank you!

I feel as though I take the Beatles for granted as I hadn’t listened to a full album in years. When I dove back in this past week it was like visiting another planet. Just incredible songs and moods and the stunning evolution in just a few short years.

I’m a gen x guy and while I love Nirvana, Soungarden, Public Enemy, NWA, etc., there’s still hasn’t been a band to approach the level of talent the Fab Four had.

I need to watch the McCartney doc with Rock Rubin next.
    McCartney 3, 2, 1 was tremendous and I'd love to see something similar with Ringo.

I mean come on the band went from Can't Buy Me Love in 1964 to Norwegian Wood in 1965, Tomorrow Never Knows in '66 and Sgt. Peppers in '67. The progression, output, influence, ingenuity and innovation are unsurpassed in pop music. It's not even close.

Documents
    Music
    The Beatles
    Bad Songs
    ️ This folder is empty

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

You have the correct take here my friend. Others might as well be listening to Starship with their opinions on the lads.
    Thank you!

I feel as though I take the Beatles for granted as I hadn’t listened to a full album in years. When I dove back in this past week it was like visiting another planet. Just incredible songs and moods and the stunning evolution in just a few short years.

I’m a gen x guy and while I love Nirvana, Soungarden, Public Enemy, NWA, etc., there’s still hasn’t been a band to approach the level of talent the Fab Four had.

I need to watch the McCartney doc with Rock Rubin next.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X