Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait, so you're telling me "London Bridge" by Fergie is not about the historical landmark?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• No mirrors I guess. Anyway someone made a 120 Minutes playlist on Spotify but I honestly don't recognize many of the songs and I was all over that show when it was on. Not a terrible list overall but it seems to be missing some oomph.

Comment

• …so I received free tickets to see Alanis Morissette with Garbage as the opening act. First time seeing either band. I knew next to nothing about Garbage except Butch Vig was the drummer. And despite the ubiquity of Morissette on mtv when I was 23 I never bought her music or paid attention to it.

so maybe I should turn in my punk, heavy metal, alternative cards now but **** if both acts slayed last weekend in Milwaukee.

i’m 27 years late to the party on Morissette but she kicks ***!!! End of story.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• One of my coworkers just screamed so loudly everyone jumped up and ran to her to see if she was okay.

She got Springsteen tickets.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            One of my coworkers just screamed so loudly everyone jumped up and ran to her to see if she was okay.

She got Springsteen tickets.
            And then she saw what she paid, after she hit "confirm sale?"
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

And then she saw what she paid, after she hit "confirm sale?"
              100 bucks. Baltimore.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                …so I received free tickets to see Alanis Morissette with Garbage as the opening act. First time seeing either band. I knew next to nothing about Garbage except Butch Vig was the drummer. And despite the ubiquity of Morissette on mtv when I was 23 I never bought her music or paid attention to it.

so maybe I should turn in my punk, heavy metal, alternative cards now but **** if both acts slayed last weekend in Milwaukee.

I've seen Garbage a half-dozen times and they've never disappointed. And true story a "borrowed" Garbage CD is how I met my wife in Bahrain in 1996.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

100 bucks. Baltimore.
                  Nice. Nowhere close to as bad as some news reports suggest.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I've seen Garbage a half-dozen times and they've never disappointed. And true story a "borrowed" Garbage CD is how I met my wife in Bahrain in 1996.
                    "Bleed Like Me" is underrated.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      …so I received free tickets to see Alanis Morissette with Garbage as the opening act. First time seeing either band. I knew next to nothing about Garbage except Butch Vig was the drummer. And despite the ubiquity of Morissette on mtv when I was 23 I never bought her music or paid attention to it.

A good friend of mine saw this concert at Xcel in St. Paul this past Sunday and said it was spectacular, and he doesn't really count himself as a big fan of either Alanis or Garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Nice!!!

they blew me away. I’ll definitely go see them again when they come back through. Same for Alanis.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

A good friend of mine saw this concert at Xcel in St. Paul this past Sunday and said it was spectacular, and he doesn't really count himself as a big fan of either Alanis or Garbage.
                          Yep. I was half expecting to be bored but they both won me over. And further, it’s so nice to see big bands take the stage and actually get into the music and look like they’re having fun.

Comment

• Quick poll here cause I have no ****ing clue if this is feasible or not:

Lolla is this weekend in Chicago. Metallica headlines tonight. Currently there are quite a few single day General Admission tickets on Stub Hub ($125 out the door, which is Face Value).

I've decided that if tickets hit $70 out the door before 2pm, I'm gonna buy and try and fight my way towards the stage for Metallica (8:15pm). I care about Metallica and ONLY Metallica (Bucket list to see them live and the prospect of doing this for Under $200 is the drive here).

Never done a festival, so here are the questions:

- Is it feasible to fight your way forward through the crowd? I'm assuming that this is no different than floor tickets for any indoor show other than 5x the crowd size.
                            - Am I insane for thinking two hours before the set time is enough time to accomplish this?
                            - Any fundamental differences with an outdoor festival show vs an arena/standard venue show?

Edit: Well so much for this idea... 2:30P CST and still a crap ton of single day tickets on StubHub, but only down to $95 =(
                            Last edited by RaceBoarder; 07-28-2022, 02:34 PM.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• TIL "And Your Bird Can Sing," one of my top 5 Beatles songs, is a middle finger to the Stones. That raises them in my estimation from an 8.1 to an 8.2. Well done, lads.

Cornell University

Comment

• If anyone is a fan of Interpol their most recent album The Other Side Of Make-Believe is wicked good. Nice to see a band nearly 25 years in that can still make compelling music that doesn't sound washed out nor forced.

Comment

Working...
                                X