Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I guess not.

    Comment


    • Sorry, I missed the callout. I'm really bad at listening to any of these posted links, otherwise I'd spend all day here.

      Sounded kinda similar to something I know, but I can't put my finger on it.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

      Comment


      • NSFW but since it's Saturday...

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8b4xYbEugo
        A bad cause requires many words.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rufus View Post

          After going waaaaay beyond my budget last year, this year I limited myself to four. Top must-get for me was Rain Parade's Explosions in the Glass Palace.

          After that, it was the Nick Cave Live Seeds, the live Replacements thing of course, and the Jay Bennett double album/DVD set.
          Nice.

          I wanted the reissue of Superchunk’s “Incidental Music” and the Jackson 5 reissue as well but neither were available at the store I frequent
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


          "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

          "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

          Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

          Comment


          • So, for the last 40 years I have applied the John Waters rule: anyone who hates John Waters is a monster. There's nothing in him (ahem) but humor and love and silliness.

            I now officially extend this to be the John Waters-Lizzo Rule.

            Also: d-mn, Missy Elliott is my age and she look great.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Been running through an old school album revival the past several days start to finish. Most of these I have while a few *were suggested to me and fortunately so.

              John Coltrane – A Love Supreme
              *The Zombies – Odessey and Oracle
              Miles Davis – Kind of Blue
              *Rodriguez – Cold Fact
              *The Sonics – Boom
              Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus
              King Crimson – In the Court of the Crimson King
              Captain Beefheart – Safe As Milk
              The Wailers – Catch A Fire
              Nick Drake – Pink Moon
              Pink Floyd – Piper At the Gates of Dawn
              *13th Floor Elevators – The Psychedelic Sounds
              The Stooges – Fun House
              Funkadelic – Maggot Brain

              btw I had not listened to Fun House in maybe a decade and what a stupid miss by my part. That is a great fucking album.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                So, for the last 40 years I have applied the John Waters rule: anyone who hates John Waters is a monster. There's nothing in him (ahem) but humor and love and silliness.

                I now officially extend this to be the John Waters-Lizzo Rule.

                Also: d-mn, Missy Elliott is my age and she look great.
                Well, she put her thing down, flipped it, and reversed it.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

                Comment


                • George Harrison. Maybe not the best solo Beatle, but my favorite.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

                  Comment


                  • Mourning Euphoria by Chris Cornell.

                    What I needed to hear this morning.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      George Harrison. Maybe not the best solo Beatle, but my favorite.
                      On the one hand, the sitar sucks.

                      On the other hand, it gave us this.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                        On the one hand, the sitar sucks.

                        On the other hand, it gave us this.
                        His friendship with Brian Jones also inspired Paint it Black.

                        All Things Must Pass is arguably the best solo Beatles record, although Ram has been slowly climbing up that list despite it initially being panned.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          His friendship with Brian Jones also inspired Paint it Black.
                          I don't doubt you, but I doubt that story. George was a nice man and all, but I don't see him being able to wrap his mind around what the Stones were doing, let alone having enough soul to appreciate it.

                          The Beatles were the four whitest people in music history. Compared to them Billy Joel is DMX. They contributed many good things to music, but they as utterly isolated from the tap root of soul as Mike Pence.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                            I don't doubt you, but I doubt that story. George was a nice man and all, but I don't see him being able to wrap his mind around what the Stones were doing, let alone having enough soul to appreciate it.

                            The Beatles were the four whitest people in music history. Compared to them Billy Joel is DMX. They contributed many good things to music, but they as utterly isolated from the tap root of soul as Mike Pence.
                            This might be the most factually incorrect post here on USCHO in ten years.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Mourning Euphoria by Chris Cornell.

                              What I needed to hear this morning.
                              I'm playing my first gig with a new Cornell tribute band later this month. We aren't doing it at this particular show, but in the repertoire is "Sweet Euphoria". My god what a song.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                I'm playing my first gig with a new Cornell tribute band later this month.
                                I hope your first song is about Dryden.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X