Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing Xfinity Connect.... which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Xfinity Connect.... which one?

I'm betting there are a few Comcast customers here, and may have noted that they are not supporting Xfinity Connect soon. So you will only access your email through a web page. I can start a rant that this is all about ad revenue, since there isn't any on the app, that surely millions of people use.

But I'll just leave that passive aggressive comment.

Which brings me to my conundrum- what to replace it with?

I've already added an account to my iPhone's native email app, but even when you set it up to delete emails from the server, it does not. So if I use that app, my in-box for the web site will get massive really quickly. Unless I'm doing something wrong....

I tried Gmail, but it was not all that straight forward to set up, and for the short time I tried it- I had the same problem of deleting e-mails did not take them off the comcast server.

Any suggestions?

And any other in the same bad situation?

What's Xfinity connect?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      What's Xfinity connect?
      It's comcast's email app. This is one of those things that if you have no idea what is being talked about- you are in a good position.

Comment

Honestly I like gmail. It's the most universal email provider out there. I do recommend giving it another shot. Dig into the settings more.

As for the not deleting emails from server, that's a switch in the app or gmail.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Honestly I like gmail. It's the most universal email provider out there. I do recommend giving it another shot. Dig into the settings more.

As for the not deleting emails from server, that's a switch in the app or gmail.
          The latter is the problem- I have that feature turned on, but it does not work. And just as bad, when I delete files from the web based server, they still show up in the mail app.

I'll try the gmail app again later today, and see if I can get it to work.

Comment

Any e-mail app you use (iPhone Email, GMail, Outlook, Eudora, etc.) should work just fine, it's whatever you're most comfortable using.

Make sure that however you set up your e-mail client, you use IMAP as the server setting and not POP. POP keeps your emails locally (on your phone) and a copy remains on XFinity's server (unless you turn off that setting) meaning you have two separate copies of your emails. IMAP will sync the two better.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So it appears that when I originally made the account, I missed a tab that I had selected. I deleted it, and started over- there's a time where the system lets you choose between two tabs- IMAP or POP. When I use the IMAP side, I had to manually put all the settings in (as directed by the host), and it now works.

I also re-did gmail, and it also works.

So I'll be playing with both for some time before deciding on which one of those two.

Comment

Working...
              X