X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I've been in favor of many/most nickname changes the past several years, but George Washington Colonials is too divisive?

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/03/b...sultPosition=8

Fark this. You don't modify the Sistene Chapel, and you don't modify historical literature.

Put a trigger warning on it for the sensitive folks if you must, but altering classic works is simply wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    That escalated quickly.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Also, when did movie poster sized frames get outrageously priced?

Bought one on Amazon early in the pandemic for $60, went back to order another and now it's $160.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If you're over the age of 20 and on TikTok not as an influencer you should question your priorities :^p
    Any tech I have heard of is, by definition, not cool or relevant. I have heard of TikTok.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The Saturn V was an incredible set. Highly highly recommend.
    Yes! Have that one too. And the Lunar Lander.

I have been just amazed at the building techniques used in these big sets, and they continue to improve/expand the techniques.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If you're over the age of 20 and on TikTok not as an influencer you should question your priorities :^p
    Found the guy who wears an onion on his belt!

:-P

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

Lately, the ones that hurt my bank account most. Haha.

Modular, but I've been picky. Started collecting late in the game and have Parisian Restaurant, Brick Bank, Corner Garage, Police Station.

The Jurassic Park T-Rex Breakout diorama. (Want the rest of the JP releases this year, and eying the Indiana Jones sets)

A couple of the newer construction themed Technic sets (a couple excavators, mobile crane truck)

Some of the Creator Expert sets like the 007 Aston Martin, Nintendo Entertainment System, Ghostbusters Ecto 1. I want the DeLorean.

And then a bunch of small city sets that are either construction themed or vehicles. Some Speed Champions as well. As of late the city sets have become more kid builds so I haven't been interested, but there have been the occasional modern version of kits I had while growing up (I own both set 6357 and 60183).

The Saturn V was an incredible set. Highly highly recommend.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

Modular, but I've been picky. Started collecting late in the game and have Parisian Restaurant, Brick Bank, Corner Garage, Police Station.

The Jurassic Park T-Rex Breakout diorama. (Want the rest of the JP releases this year, and eying the Indiana Jones sets)

A couple of the newer construction themed Technic sets (a couple excavators, mobile crane truck)

Some of the Creator Expert sets like the 007 Aston Martin, Nintendo Entertainment System, Ghostbusters Ecto 1. I want the DeLorean.

And then a bunch of small city sets that are either construction themed or vehicles. Some Speed Champions as well. As of late the city sets have become more kid builds so I haven't been interested, but there have been the occasional modern version of kits I had while growing up (I own both set 6357 and 60183).

I'm up to around 400 sets I think. Plus tons and tons of just loose bulk. I've got most of the modulars (no corner cafe, green grocer, grand emporium, or town hall, but I do have everything else). Tons of city, quite a few star wars (including 2 of the UCS sets, the first UCS star destroyer, and the sandcrawler both of which I picked up used). Started getting into speed champions after they finally released some Aston Martin and liked the builds so I started getting more. Also have the big Aston DB5. Some of the ideas sets (ship in a bottle, space station, Saturn V, dinosaur bones, tree house). Got the big Ninjago City, City Gardens, and City Docks sets. Bunches of 3 in 1, some trains, the van Gogh set, some chess sets, Seinfeld, The Office, most (all?) of the botanicals. Plus several city sets from the early 90s and some castle and pirate stuff. Some Lego movie stuff. One model team set from 1990 or so.

Crown jewel of my set is the Boba Fett Minifigure from the Cloud City set from like 2003. I got that set with figures, the UCS Star Destroyer, the modular Fire Brigade and some other good stuff when I bought some dudes collection on Facebook a few years ago. He only wanted $150. The last of that Boba Fett figure that sold on Bricklink went for like $1700 within the last few months.

I'll have to see if I can figure out how to share pics. Need pics to really see it all. Haha.

Agree that the city sets have gone downhill a bit but still a few good ones here and there. I got the most recent train station, the penguin slushy van and one or two others in the past few months.
    Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 04-03-2023, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    It's a very tight algorithm

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Don’t use tik tok. Read about it on Reddit
    Hahaha. Okay. It's a very tight algorithm once it picks up on your habits, so I was wondering how you would have fallen onto "stupid fad trends by *sshole kids" TikTok.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

You have my attention. Also an AFOL. Actively wondering if I need to buy a bigger home to be able to display everything.

What do you primarily collect?

Last edited by aparch; 04-03-2023, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

What.... what side of TikTok are you on?

Because mine is just filled with videos confirming I have depression, ADHD, anxiety, fellow adult fan of LEGO posts, LGBTQ-ally, dad jokes, random cosplayers, and enjoy the occasional spicy accountant redheads.
    Don’t use tik tok. Read about it on Reddit

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied

What.... what side of TikTok are you on?

fellow adult fan of LEGO posts
    You have my attention. Also an AFOL. Actively wondering if I need to buy a bigger home to be able to display everything.

What do you primarily collect?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X