X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    A 27 year old ramp worker at Sam Antonio airport was “ingested” into engine of a delta flight on its taxi to gate.

Jesus that’s horrible

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    There is a link further down that talks about it more. The lady slipped on a hike and resulted in injuries. She had said she didn't want to be evacuated by helicopter. It sounds like ground transportation may have been possible but I don't know. Multiple things contributed to the spin including an equipment failure. Ultimately the city of Phoenix offered her a $450,000 settlement (she had sued for $2 million).

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Wow - I saw nothing funny there. He was easily doing 120 RPM or more. I’d be shocked if that didn’t do permanent damage.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I should not laugh at this- the guy is old…

https://www.reddit.com/r/AbruptChaos...t=1&utm_term=1
    Yikes. You'd think that as a search & rescue team, they would train for and know how to counteract rotor wash.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I should not laugh at this- the guy is old…

https://www.reddit.com/r/AbruptChaos...t=1&utm_term=1

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    They're here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROLYGcj5bNM

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    At Cornell we just go down to Teagle and ask for Bill.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Minnesota does the same ****in thing. I've only seen authentic released two or three times.

once was an over purchase by the team. They had a limited supply at the student union and I was texted by a friend who worked there.
    And I know they have them every so often during "garage sales" at the U.

Michigan tech has an incredible fan base that has organized several fan opportunities to buy authentics.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    This is probably more appropriate for the gear grinding thread, but too lazy to find that one, so...

Anyway, Dartmouth refuses to sell authentic jerseys. No idea why. Normally can only find the cheap replicas on sale via the co-op. About once a year an old gameworn will land on eBay or sidelineswap (which is how i got mine awhile back), but you get the idea. Real jerseys generally can't be found.

There's an official fundraising auction for donors going on right now, and two of the items being auctioned are authentic jerseys from both the men's and women's teams. Not signed, not gameworn, just authentic jerseys that many teams regularly sell in their fan shops. The prices for both are nearing what I would call absurd for a non-gameworn or autographed jersey, and there's still plenty of time left on the auction.

Like guys, there's your sign that there's a market to just sell these. I know it's a small college with a declining fan base over the last 15 years since attendance peaked around 2006, but it's not like these could be found back then, either. So really, what the fark? Do you not want to take your fans' money?

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I'm gonna feel bad when the kid is 19 and drooling on himself cause of concussions.
    Other possible outcome: he stops growing in 7th grade at 5’6”.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    What could go wrong?

The next Todd Marinovich?
    I'm gonna feel bad when the kid is 19 and drooling on himself cause of concussions.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Grooming is OK when it's da foobaw!
    Or pageants.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    What could go wrong?

Grooming is OK when it's da foobaw!

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    What could go wrong?

From @TheAthletic:
    Baby Gronk is a 10-year-old whose father is pitching him as the next big thing in college football. “He’s a real athlete. He’s not a normal kid,” his father told us. “He has been trained and programmed since he was 6 years old.” https://nyti.ms/3J4B6vx

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Who knew BC was the Wisconsin of the Great White North? I would've guessed Manitoba or Saskatchewan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X