X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/tiktok-...bby-rcna125000

woman starts digging and building a tunnel. Gets popular on TikTok and is getting shut down.

the more I read the more I think she should be thrown in jail. Like this is an extraordinarily bad idea. She's not an engineer. She's threatening herself, her neighbors, their homes, any copycats... like Jesus Christ. There's no geogrid, no vapor barrier, no drain tiles, no load calcs, no engineered concrete blend, I could do this all night.

she just put a big ****ing hole in the home's most important part without knowing what she was ****ing doing. These people shouldn't be celebrated they should be shut down and excoriated.

I thought I was going to have a heart attack when she said "I just pick up skills quickly"

video

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Brave new world.

Police in a New Jersey city are urging the public to ignore a story featured on a news website about a fatal shooting they say was written using artificial intelligence.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    This is my Mom's hometown and this poor derp is going to get murdered.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Generative AI produces content that seems correct, often with sources real or fabricated, and it was released into the wild before we knew the damage.

It was a meteor that could potentially destroy our ability to use the internet to seek information. Like the KT boundary, 2023 is basically a line in the archaeological record of the internet anbove which easily verified information no longer exists.
    I understood the AI bit, but the KT portion confused me. I thought maybe you’d mistype KY as KT, and I wondered what new level of idiocy that state did.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I has confuse.
    Generative AI produces content that seems correct, often with sources real or fabricated, and it was released into the wild before we knew the damage.

It was a meteor that could potentially destroy our ability to use the internet to seek information. Like the KT boundary, 2023 is basically a line in the archaeological record of the internet anbove which easily verified information no longer exists.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    I has confuse.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    2023 is the KT boundary for the internet. Anything posted after 2023 is useless.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Generative AI has absolutely taken over AITA on reddit. I know 95%+ stories previously were just creative writing exercises or karma farming, but they've since become even more repetitive and ridiculous, to the point that half the stories are not that far off from something like: "My husband beats me, but I didn't cook him dinner. AITA?" Also, people pretending to be college students in the US but using terms like "going to uni" and "doing the needful" are way too common.

Sad, because it used to be an entertaining way to kill 10 minutes.
    Yep it’s curing me of my daily habit of perusing

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Generative AI has absolutely taken over AITA on reddit. I know 95%+ stories previously were just creative writing exercises or karma farming, but they've since become even more repetitive and ridiculous, to the point that half the stories are not that far off from something like: "My husband beats me, but I didn't cook him dinner. AITA?" Also, people pretending to be college students in the US but using terms like "going to uni" and "doing the needful" are way too common.

Sad, because it used to be an entertaining way to kill 10 minutes.
    Last edited by unofan; 12-17-2023, 07:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Don't lose hope. Someday the Democrats may hold both the White House and the Senate, and all of these problems will be solved.
    And you don't lose hope. Your party may manage to end democracy.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

How convenient that you forgot DeJoy is still running the ship.
    Don't lose hope. Someday the Democrats may hold both the White House and the Senate, and all of these problems will be solved.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    It’ll be in Milwaukee tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    What on ****in earth

i have a package being shipped. It started in Chicago, it's was then flown to Orlando for handoff to USPS for delivery.

if you draw a line from Chicago to Orlando, it's almost a perfect 180 degrees away from GDO.

I ordered this on 11/23, shipped yesterday finally, and now it's probably going to be driven from ****in Orlando to St Paul. I swear to god....
    It was flown to St Paul today.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Sort of makes you long for the days where it was an efficient, tightly organized ship, and all delays were the result of Republicans manipulating it?
    How convenient that you forgot DeJoy is still running the ship.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    I had a FedEx package come from North Carolina recently. Left there ok and made it's way to North Salt Lake which is usually the last stop before it comes to the local hub to be put on the truck for delivery. But then it went to Tacoma, WA after that apparently due to an unreadable bar code. It got corrected, then came back to North Salt Lake and made it's way to me. Only a few days later than initial so not bad. What gets me is why it had to go to Tacoma for the new bar code. And then when it arrived, the new bar code sticker was on there, but so was the old. The old had absolutely no scratches or blemishes or anything. Looked totally fine. The address on the label was correct and everything to. SO unless somehow the bar code was scanning as an incorrect address even with the correct address on the label (?) it really doesn't make sense to me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X