X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Who are 3 people I've never had in my kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Umm.....what?

https://mobile.twitter.com/1NewsNZ/s...77864555896834

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Slap Shot -
    First step is some internet sleuthing to see if this is a problem thats been encountered and discussed by other owners of the same model laptop.

If you can't find a solution, I would suggest doing a clean reinstall of the OS.
    If the problem persists, this will eliminate the possibilty of a software issue. There are some intermediary steps like doing a restore/repair/rollback of drivers, but just reinstalling the OS will cut right to the chase on the question of hardware or software.

If its hardware you'll have to decide if it's worth getting it diagnosed and replacing hardware if it is possible to do so.
    I've tried online and nothing as of yet. Since it's company issued I've submitted a fixit ticket in hopes that will solve for it. It's not a "MAJOR" issue in that the laptop is functional otherwise, but if I step away for even 2 minutes it locks and it's small nuisance to have to input my PW again. I can live with it at worst and trying to avoid having to reinstall anything if I can. Fortunately everything I do is auto-saved to the cloud and I have nothing personal on the device but again if I can avoid such steps I will opt out until I have no choice.

Thanks though for the suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

My buddy is friends with the pilot or copilot (I’m not sure which) of that flight. He forwarded some pretty impressive pics of the damage to the engine and one of the bear. That bear had seen better days, yowza!
    I saw those pics. Engine definitely got tuned up but, yeah that bear was not in good shape...

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    737 hits bear on runway while landing.

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/20...Pp7muMXNK7ky7g
    My buddy is friends with the pilot or copilot (I’m not sure which) of that flight. He forwarded some pretty impressive pics of the damage to the engine and one of the bear. That bear had seen better days, yowza!

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied
    Slap Shot -
    First step is some internet sleuthing to see if this is a problem thats been encountered and discussed by other owners of the same model laptop.

If you can't find a solution, I would suggest doing a clean reinstall of the OS.
    If the problem persists, this will eliminate the possibilty of a software issue. There are some intermediary steps like doing a restore/repair/rollback of drivers, but just reinstalling the OS will cut right to the chase on the question of hardware or software.

If its hardware you'll have to decide if it's worth getting it diagnosed and replacing hardware if it is possible to do so.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Sounds like they misspelled the name of what should have been Déchets County.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Going to be difficult to beat this for "just keeps getting better" article.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Hi kids! Let's check in with the American patriotic conservative movement!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I don't want to know what kind of person pays over a grand for that.

And I say that as someone whose Amazon account demonstrates a lot of bad life choices.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    In case your Christmas shopping isn't completed

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Sometime last night my HP laptop (about 1 year old bought brand new) is putting itself into sleep mode after only 2-3 minutes of inactivity. The device is plugged in, fully charged, and when I check the "power & sleep" settings the screen should not go dark for 30 or 45 minutes (battery vs. plugged in) nor should the device go into sleep mode for 1 or 2 hours respectively.

I have rebooted twice and cannot figure this thing out.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Those creatures from the Quiznos Subs commercials are trending. GREAT JOY IS IN OUR HEARTS!

https://twitter.com/NeilNevins/statu...85500326510597
    We are not the Huns!

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Those creatures from the Quiznos Subs commercials are trending. GREAT JOY IS IN OUR HEARTS!

https://twitter.com/NeilNevins/statu...85500326510597

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

That's awful but suing for $270m? With all due respect g.f.y.
    Ask for 270 settle for 27 actually see 2.7.

It's like when cops make a drug score, or asking a guy how many women he's slept with*.

* The rule is, take a man's self-report and divide by 3; take a woman's self-report and multiply by 3.
    Last edited by Kepler; 11-16-2020, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X