This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Do you use your dominant on the jar or the lid?
    Jar. Steadies. I mean I guess I'm kinda turning both hands when I do it if you want to get technical.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

Now that's ****in weird
      Obvious hustle is obvious.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

It's mid morning, so UNO has been at the bottle for a couple of hours now.
        "Ya can't drink all day unless you start in the morning." -- a nephew the day after his last collegiate finals were complete
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Is it weird that I'm right handed and shoot right handed but when I sweep the floor I sweep left handed?
          Bad new French: Same as me. :-D
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Don't play hockey but I would shoot with my right hand lower on the stick. Golf I face right if viewing from behind the tee box.

I shoot trap right handed but I'm left eye dominant.

Now, here's the question for everyone. How do you unscrew a stuck lid on a jar?
            Hockey: right hand low
            Golf: right hand low
            Shovel or broom: start left hand low

Jar? Left on the lid, right on the precious container full of peanut butter. But I find the left is a hold action and right is delivering the torque. (Yes, I just opened a jar of peanut butter for this reason alone.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I shoot trap right handed but I'm left eye dominant.
              Ouch. That's not easy.

I hate the ND CC on-range where you have to shoot non-dominant hand. Left hand shooting, right eye dominant; firing a semi-auto handgun I hate the feeling of the slide coming back at the middle of my face (when it usually 'feels' just off the right cheekbone).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                But I'm not an engineer like you, so I don't know what "active torque" means.
                Torque is force applied in a rotational space.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• When I played Legion baseball I switch hit. Line drive righty; contact hitter lefty. Natural right batter, but better BA by 50-75 from the left. Stranger was that I stood more "open" righty than lefty. (I was semi-closed lefty.) That's messed up because "should be" says contact hitters (me left) normally stand open and power righties normally stand closed at the plate.

My then optometrist was at game one day and explained what I didn't realize: I am hugely right eye dominant and my body was adjusting to get that right eye to where it could see best. In this case seeing the ball was more important than which hand was where on the bat when it came to batting average.

All this, this whole draw circles, open jars, swing sticks, conversation just lends to one of my theorems of life: Humans are strange critters.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    When I played Legion baseball I switch hit. Line drive righty; contact hitter lefty. Natural right batter, but better BA by 50-75 from the left. Stranger was that I stood more "open" righty than lefty. (I was semi-closed lefty.) That's messed up because "should be" says contact hitters (me left) normally stand open and power righties normally stand closed at the plate.

My then optometrist was at game one day and explained what I didn't realize: I am hugely right eye dominant and my body was adjusting to get that right eye to where it could see best. In this case seeing the ball was more important than which hand was where on the bat when it came to batting average.

All this, this whole draw circles, open jars, swing sticks, conversation just lends to one of my theorems of life: Humans are strange critters.
                    You see things from the right. Surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Obvious hustle is obvious.
                      I'm not that good. But when I do get the chance to play I try to take some shots right handed so that hopefully I can be ambidextrous at it someday and open up shot possibilities

Comment

• I am right hand dominant with more power batting left but it was nearly impossible to strike me out batting left. It was only after my playing days were over (I stopped after Mickey Mantle so 16? and switched to track for HS) that the vision in my left eye was awful. Had I started wearing contacts I likely could have kept playing.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/stat...964999681?s=19

Meth?

She looks like a monkey or something first walking across the bar, then kneeling and tossing bottles one by one with great efficiency and no ****s to give.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/stat...964999681?s=19

Meth?

She looks like a monkey or something first walking across the bar, then kneeling and tossing bottles one by one with great efficiency and no ****s to give.
                            She’ll be elected to Congress next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

She’ll be elected to Congress next year
                              Gaetz’s replacement?
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Holding up well for 53, though.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X