Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it weird that I'm right handed and shoot right handed but when I sweep the floor I sweep left handed?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

But UNO said it is called after the direction the blade curves. When I shoot with a curved blade it's to the right yet we all agree I am a LH shooter.

Am I just being remarkably dense (OK, average dense for me) or isn't that direct contradiction?
      No, you are correct.

the NHL player on my block is a known left handed shooter, I’ll ask him if he’s out during my daily walk but it’s hot AF here so no one should be out

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Is it weird that I'm right handed and shoot right handed but when I sweep the floor I sweep left handed?
        Who the hell doesn't sweep both handed?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Who the hell doesn't sweep both handed?
          I mean I can do it both ways but I feel a lot more confident about the left handed ones, even though that's not my dominant hand.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

I mean I can do it both ways but I feel a lot more confident about the left handed ones, even though that's not my dominant hand.
            giggity

Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Don't play hockey but I would shoot with my right hand lower on the stick. Golf I face right if viewing from behind the tee box.

I shoot trap right handed but I'm left eye dominant.

Now, here's the question for everyone. How do you unscrew a stuck lid on a jar?

Which hand holds the lid, which holds the jar?
              Which hand applies the active torque vs. which hand steadies?
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Dominant hand steadies, other hand turns.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I shot left-handed but am mostly right handed in other sports: batting, swinging golf club, throwing anything. The jar question is interesting. On first try, I hold the jar in my right hand, but the torque is applied by both, the jar hand twisting it clockwise toward me and the lid hand trying to turn it counterclockwise away., so both hands are apply torque. I think I do it this way because my right hand is usually my controlling hand.

But I'm not an engineer like you, so I don't know what "active torque" means.

btw, if I can't get it loose, I shed some pride and give it to the iron-handed one in our household.

Comment

Maybe I’m weird, it’s opposite for me.

I throw right, hold tennis racket in right, but left for golf hockey and baseball with the left handed swing

Comment

Yes.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I am right handed at everything except pool. Additionally, when eating like a steak or anything else that requires a knife and fork, I hold the fork in my right hand and knife in the left (what I am told/understand is the "left-handed" way). But I do not switch over. Using just a spoon or just a fork, I use my right hand. While chopping or cutting on a cutting board, I also use my right. I believe those two things are the only things I do "left-handed" because I learned watching my dad who was also left handed (but did play golf right handed...as do I).

Comment

• Lefties are 10% of the population.

I am power righty, precision lefty, like 1%.

Power lefty, precision righty is 0.1%.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                            I am right handed at everything except pool.
                            Now that's ****in weird

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

I shot left-handed but am mostly right handed in other sports: batting, swinging golf club, throwing anything. The jar question is interesting. On first try, I hold the jar in my right hand, but the torque is applied by both, the jar hand twisting it clockwise toward me and the lid hand trying to turn it counterclockwise away., so both hands are apply torque. I think I do it this way because my right hand is usually my controlling hand.

But I'm not an engineer like you, so I don't know what "active torque" means.

btw, if I can't get it loose, I shed some pride and give it to the iron-handed one in our household.
                              Re: torque I meant the one that the brain thinks is doing the twisting. Because you're right, it's being applied by both hands, I guess I just have one hand that's trying to twist and the other hand that's just trying to act as a fixed point. :-)
                              Code:

Comment

Do you use your dominant on the jar or the lid?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X