This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Prepping election night steak can do weird things to a human...
    I love me some ENS.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I love me some ENS.
      I'm doing pizza and beer.

'Murica.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• We're also doing pizza. I imagine there will be a bit more of a wait for it tonight than usual for a Tuesday.

Comment

• what the fark is this ****?

https://twitter.com/Gladwell/status/...667411457?s=20
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Just imagine how many different reviews this passed.

Over/under on number of deaths the first week? I'm saying 3.
            Last edited by Kepler; 11-07-2020, 04:51 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The best part of that video was the Audi R8 that snuck in there at the end.
              Code:

Comment

• Holy god there’s 11 instructional videos

ELEVEN
                Code:

Comment

• Why not just a diverging diamond?
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Why not just a diverging diamond?
                    This is the bridge-less variation of that.

Also, DDI's are becoming more frequent in Chicagoland, and yet people still don't understand how they work. "Why am I switching sides of the road?!?" Just shut the fu** up and follow the painted arrows dumba**.

[/ Heavy Highway Construction Engineer rant]
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

This is the bridge-less variation of that.

Also, DDI's are becoming more frequent in Chicagoland, and yet people still don't understand how they work. "Why am I switching sides of the road?!?" Just shut the fu** up and follow the painted arrows dumba**.

[/ Heavy Highway Construction Engineer rant]
                      As a rule I think we should discourage training people to drive into on-coming traffic.

It is a miracle of Biblical proportions that the average human being can tie her shoelaces. Let's make things straightforward and simple, even at the sacrifice of efficiency and expense. People can handle (1) 4-way intersections, (2) cloverleafs, and (3) that's it. Just do those.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 11-07-2020, 05:53 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Cloverleafs and 4-way intersections are also in-efficient at handling large volumes of traffic, create many more points of vehicle/vehicle conflict, and create many more points of pedestrian/vehicle conflict (moreso for the intersection).

Diverging Diamonds, the above Displaced Left Turn, "Michigan Left's," roundabouts and other modern designs all look to improve the traffic volume flow and minimize (or shift) points of conflict. By shifting the points of vehicle/vehicle conflict, they can reduce the traffic signals / queue times for the signals by allowing more efficient movement.

Will people still be a**holes and not "understand" them because they're morons who can't read a painted arrow or line on the pavement? Yes. Overall, are these better than the basic intersections? Yes.

Also, cloverleafs are a fu**ing death trap relic from the '50s when interstate traffic volumes were much, much, MUCH, lighter than they are today. In most cloverleaf designs, there is ZERO deceleration/acceleration lane time to merge into the main traffic flow, the crossover (and speed differences) between entering and exiting traffic between cloverleafs is dangerous, and it's just deadly given today's traffic volume. Some states with excess land have created slip lanes (C-D lanes) where cloverleafs can operate without interfering as much with mainline traffic.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• The displaced left turn forces a car to stop at 2 lights - not 1 like in a traditionally formatted intersection. And I saw a s**t-ton of crossover opportunities in the few videos I watched. I'm sure there's some science behind it, but when too many people don't know to move right for faster traffic and can't handle a zipper-merge I'm not seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            The displaced left turn forces a car to stop at 2 lights - not 1 like in a traditionally formatted intersection. And I saw a s**t-ton of crossover opportunities in the few videos I watched. I'm sure there's some science behind it, but when too many people don't know to move right for faster traffic and can't handle a zipper-merge I'm not seeing it.
                            Georgia DOT has one short great video explaining how it works.

Watching the Georgia DOT video, it shows that there is almost no wait time at the second light to turn left, because the timing is very close to when the through traffic gets a green. It just shifts the left turn lane waiting at a light to 1500' behind the intersection. Thus, on a busy highway using the displaced left turn, it cuts down time waiting at a red light for a through movement by allowing left turns to take place at the same time as a through green light.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Ugandan activist decapitated in arches national park when a gate blows closed and slices through her car

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...sCfmje0mOie3Xo

Comment

• 737 hits bear on runway while landing.

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/20...Pp7muMXNK7ky7g
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X