X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Reddit also has a problem with Santa because lying to your children about something forever breaks their trust in you
    They're going to be so angry when they find out about gods.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

As you should be and probably are aware of, reddit is its own special breed and you need to take everything said on there with an astronomical sized grain of salt. If you were to believe reddit, everyone is on the spectrum with mothers-in-law that put Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond to shame, and libertarians and communists would be getting about 30% of the vote each every election.
    Reddit also has a problem with Santa because lying to your children about something forever breaks their trust in you

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Stumbled upon the story of the dude in AL skinny dipping in a Bass Pro Shop and then this gem: https://*****/BrentTerhune/status/17...825703044?s=20
    This did not even last 72 hours as Stupidest Alabama Dude. There's gotta be lead in the milk down there.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

Wasn't there a whole group of women in the 1920's actively petitioning to continue to not have the right to vote?

There's always going to be a group like that for everything
    Some of the strongest opponents of the ERA were old biddies, too.

It's always the God Delusion behind it. The Lord made me to be a baybee dispenser da-derp-da-derp-da.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-09-2024, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    But I also can't believe there are women who actively work to lose their rights, so \_(ツ)_/
    Wasn't there a whole group of women in the 1920's actively petitioning to continue to not have the right to vote?

There's always going to be a group like that for everything

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

I'll believe it when the numbers start to rise. Usage declines have been decelerating, but we're also talking single-digit percent using. When you're down to like 4-6%, you're always going to find people who think asbestos does taste good on pancakes.
    That's good to know. I can't imagine death sticks reigniting. But I also can't believe there are women who actively work to lose their rights, so \_(ツ)_/

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

As you should be and probably are aware of, reddit is its own special breed and you need to take everything said on there with an astronomical sized grain of salt. If you were to believe reddit, everyone is on the spectrum with mothers-in-law that put Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond to shame, and libertarians and communists would be getting about 30% of the vote each every election.
    This is fair, and well put.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I just visited that sub. I had never heard of “bed rot”

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    So, I was just reading on GenZ reddit (I like to stay informed) that cigarettes are back.

People are so unrelentingly stupid it would be appalling if it wasn't so funny.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    So, I was just reading on GenZ reddit (I like to stay informed) that cigarettes are back.

I'll believe it when the numbers start to rise. Usage declines have been decelerating, but we're also talking single-digit percent using. When you're down to like 4-6%, you're always going to find people who think asbestos does taste good on pancakes.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    So funny thing about the dude at Bass Pro...

Dude not only will have criminal charges pressed, but BPS will go after him for the tank cleanup/maintenance. That's about $7,000-$10,000. And since jumpers are a regular thing, BPS lawyers are VERY GOOD at getting this $$$.

Funny Story: When I was working at the Bolingbrook IL BPS in 2015, we had some teens come in and try this. They did it in Feb. and the group had everything planned: They had a camera man, people to run interference on staff, a getaway SUV ready to roll just outside the door for all of them. They thought of everything!

Wanna know how they got caught? Like I said, they did this in February. Kid came in with a backpack containing his swim trunks. He took the bag into the bathroom to change out of his jeans and put his jacket/hoodie/phone/wallet/ID in the backpack. He then left the backpack in the bathroom. I assume one of the others was supposed to go in and get it after the stunt. Well that never happened. After the jump, they all got in the vehicle and drove off.

A couple of hours later, the kid called into the store asking if anyone turned in his stuff. He was politely told that the store did indeed have his stuff and he could come in and get it anytime he wanted. He was also told that Bolingbrook PD would happily meet him at the store when he came in to take his statement =)

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

that's got to be a joke. Way too on the nose
    The Comments are incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Stumbled upon the story of the dude in AL skinny dipping in a Bass Pro Shop and then this gem: https://*****/BrentTerhune/status/17...825703044?s=20
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-07-2024, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X