X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I humbly submit ... the Wedgie. (I hope this link works.)

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8084...7i16384!8i8192

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Just cuz you have money don't mean you have taste.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Next on Zillow Gone Wild:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...zillowgonewild

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

FWIW, Uncle Sam will catch up with you on that income. Even still, I wouldn't hesitate to make myself flexible.
    Meh, I'll give Uncle Sucker his cut.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    TBF, this is something I've done for like 15 years.
    My brother visited a friend solo for Thanksgiving (PDX->SFO). He intentionally scheduled the first flight of the day on Sunday to return, and sure enough, he managed to get bumped 4 times in one day. Two free tickets, $800 in vouchers, and he got home just 9 hours after after originally scheduled.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Haven't flown much there last two years
    TBF, this is something I've done for like 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Haven't flown much there last two years

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Do you guys not plan for this? It's a very common occurrence on flights to Anchorage from Seattle or MSP so I've always got extra time built in and a set price to cash in on.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    **** that. I'm taking the flight next day for 10k. I'll take it two days for that price.

just sent this to my wife. We're setting a price ahead of time. So we know.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    FWIW, Uncle Sam will catch up with you on that income. Even still, I wouldn't hesitate to make myself flexible.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Get out of my way.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/delta-1...witch-flights/

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Call both companies. Ask your mortgage company for full transaction details, to ensure the account from which payment was made. Then confirm with the bank, if the mortgage company confirms your thoughts.

Your bank may have messed up something on their end, but eventually they’ll figure out the details. Better sooner than later because they may later require income payment corrections - taking dividend from your account to give to another account.
    And of course, an hour after I post here, it's finally listed on the pending transactions at the bank (with a transaction date of 9 days ago).

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Semi-related random question. Made the monthly mortgage payment online last week. Mortgage company shows it was paid that day. My bank still hasn't taken the payment out of the account. Normally it processes within 2 days. It's been 9.

Should I just assume it's an error on the backend that will get fixed eventually? Should I contact the bank or not my problem since the mortgage company got their money already?
    Call both companies. Ask your mortgage company for full transaction details, to ensure the account from which payment was made. Then confirm with the bank, if the mortgage company confirms your thoughts.

Your bank may have messed up something on their end, but eventually they’ll figure out the details. Better sooner than later because they may later require income payment corrections - taking dividend from your account to give to another account.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Semi-related random question. Made the monthly mortgage payment online last week. Mortgage company shows it was paid that day. My bank still hasn't taken the payment out of the account. Normally it processes within 2 days. It's been 9.

Should I just assume it's an error on the backend that will get fixed eventually? Should I contact the bank or not my problem since the mortgage company got their money already?
    If all it takes is a phone call I would contact your bank even if the mortgage company is claiming receipt. You just never know when something like that can go sideways if you don't confirm both ends.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I’m late o the reply list here, but here are some tips that could help:
    —Research the ABA or SWIFT (if international) routing instructions provided for the wire.
    —Using a search engine to first get the correct URL, find contact info to reach out to the bank to validate as much of that info as possible.
    —The ABA’s and SWIFT’s sites will provide the registered financial institution. (Hint: the larger the bank, the better they are at performing the required customer due diligence, the less likely you’re given a scammer’s account. Though not impossible.) My employer works really hard at making sure the only people stealing from their customers is the bank itself. Allowing known bad actors work from within the bank is actually far worse in penalties than being the bank actor itself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X