• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The List for the 2019-2020 Season: Episode 1

Wedding came up tonight at dinner.
    "About that....it's July 25th"
    Both my parents: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    Me: Would YOU skip Sturgis? (they have gone the last 5 years, PERIOD, no exceptions made)
    Fiancee: .......prooooooooooooobably
    Bro: (under his breath and a look) shakes head "I wouldn't...."

Bullet dodged, so ANTI-LIST.

Edit: also, the ceremony is being performed by a friend that is getting ordained, a quick 5 minute "Do you? Yeah. Do you? Yeah. Ok you're married"
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A rather uneventful Thanksgiving is on the Anti-List.

My chosen family is on the Anti-List. This includes Mama Wendy, and Jen, and Beth, and Shelby.

Wine and ice cream on the same night: Anti-List.

Off and on, I struggle with my blood/marriage family routinely excluding me. But realizing if they don't invite me, don't ask to go, right? RIGHT! And this new, liberating feeling is on the Anti-List.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        A rather uneventful Thanksgiving is on the Anti-List.

My chosen family is on the Anti-List. This includes Mama Wendy, and Jen, and Beth, and Shelby.

Wine and ice cream on the same night: Anti-List.

Off and on, I struggle with my blood/marriage family routinely excluding me. But realizing if they don't invite me, don't ask to go, right? RIGHT! And this new, liberating feeling is on the Anti-List.
        If they don't invite you, you are good to go. Don't feel guilty, don't feel bad. Yes, it's tough. But if they don't want you there, so be it. You have your support group, your friends, your "new" families, etc. Surround yourself with people who care about you, and it sounds like you have. Don't waste your time with the haters.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          If they don't invite you, you are good to go. Don't feel guilty, don't feel bad. Yes, it's tough. But if they don't want you there, so be it. You have your support group, your friends, your "new" families, etc. Surround yourself with people who care about you, and it sounds like you have. Don't waste your time with the haters.
          Exactly. The first text I got this morning was from Mama. Yesterday, I got a belated birthday present from the state chair of Free Mom Hugs- Michigan. It was a nice small carry bag with a unicorn on it. Free Mom Hugs have also sent me a nice blanket and stuffed my mailbox. So on.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Joking Hazard is on The List for demonstrating how devoid of wit most people, even (especially) your friends, are.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No more "Bailey Kisses" to start my day is on the top of The List.

My Australian Shepherd died yesterday after a short stay in doggy ICU. Not a pretty girl but easily the smartest dog I ever had. Smarter than most of the people i have to deal with day in and day out. I always got great kisses after scratching her butt and telling her how ugly she was. I AM SAD!
              "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
              Groucho Marx
              "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
              Ron White
              "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
              Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post

My Australian Shepherd died yesterday after a short stay in doggy ICU. Not a pretty girl but easily the smartest dog I ever had. Smarter than most of the people i have to deal with day in and day out. I always got great kisses after scratching her butt and telling her how ugly she was. I AM SAD!
                No bueno.

Comment

Sorry Buster, losing a dog is tough. They are happy every time they see you.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Oh no. I’m sorry.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

sorry.

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            They are happy every time they see you.
                            How do you know dogs really are man's best friend?

Put your dog and your wife in the truck of your car. Drive around town for a couple hours. Open the trunk. Who's happy to see you?
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Man, I’m sorry. That’s the worst. I’ve got two (both Aussie mixes, both really good looking but not that smart) and I’ll give them extra cuddles today

Comment

Condolences. My Timcat offers snuggles.

Comment

Working...
                                X