X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Well Jeopardy wasted no time setting up a Brad-Ken-James matchup.
    That doesn’t bode well for Trebek, does it?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

New "season" of The Toys That Made Us on Netflix. The new one (4 separate eps) cover TMNT, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, My Little Pony, and WWF(E)/pro wrestling.

These are nice little episodes, about 45 min long each throughout the series, about how the ideas came about, the struggles, etc. It's like a Behind The Music, except with toys.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Well Jeopardy wasted no time setting up a Brad-Ken-James matchup.
        Interesting format - matches are back-to-back combined games like the ToC final, highest 2-game combined score wins the match, first to 3 matches wins a million. Not sure how that one will play out in practice.

And I agree, this has to be the big sendoff for Trebek.

And of course someone has posted betting lines: James +110, Ken +115, Brad +280.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Mr. Robot has gone off the rails...the new revelation is just dumb.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Surprising no one, Amazon has already renewed the LOTR series for a second season.

Comment

Amazon has a LOTR series? Huh

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I was just going to post that. I didn't realize they had a first season.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I *thought* I had heard about it, but they didn't know how it was going to do, so they didn't overhype it. Especially with the GoT freight train going at the time.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    I was just going to post that. I didn't realize they had a first season.
                    They don't yet. Season one is expected to premiere in 2021.

Comment

• Re: TV: A Succession of Watchmen in The Good Place

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      They don't yet. Season one is expected to premiere in 2021.
                      Huh. That is where my memory is messed up. No season aired yet, so no talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        It will be set in the Second Age (LOTR movies were the end of the Third Age)

Comment

This episode of The Crown featuring the Prince of Whales is fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            This episode of The Crown featuring the Prince of Whales is fascinating.
                            I hope they eventually get to present day so we can see randy Andy say he doesn’t sweat and he couldn’t have molested the girl since he was at a pizza express

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              New "season" of The Toys That Made Us on Netflix. The new one (4 separate eps) cover TMNT, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, My Little Pony, and WWF(E)/pro wrestling.
                              I have no ties to those toys so this will be a hard pass for me. Do you have a list of toys previously covered?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I have no ties to those toys so this will be a hard pass for me. Do you have a list of toys previously covered?
                                Here you go: Episode guide by season - link.

I thought Star Wars, GI Joe, and He-Man were the best. He-Man because of the psychological design of the toys and advertising history, GI Joe because of the social impacts to the toy's history, and Star Wars because of how slapdash it was in the beginning.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X