Cafe Get Togethers In Person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafe Get Togethers In Person

According to an article in the July 8th, 2020 Grand Forks ND Herald, Cornell is contracted to play at North Dakota on Jan. 7 and 8, 2022
    It's time, you f-ckers. I'm just saying. Assuming The Plague is over, I want to see what Sioux hospitality is like for a coastal elite.

Yes, I will be expecting a drunken orgy.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

I hope you like the smell of bad beer and stale cigarettes with just a hint of sugar beets...

Oh and the cold is gonna be unbearable! But hey I bet the one tree will look festive!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I hope you like the smell of bad beer and stale cigarettes with just a hint of sugar beets...

Oh and the cold is gonna be unbearable! But hey I bet the one tree will look festive!
      You can't smoke in bars anymore in ND...SO THERE!!
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

You went and made me tear up, Handy.

Kep will love it. But how do we prepare Daks for Kep?

Comment

I gotta start cleaning up my act - going to need to be on my best behavior until then to get a hall pass, especially considering that my son's birthday is on the 6th.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Early January in grand forks?

you kids have fun

Comment

Meh. I live in Florida and have not seen snow in several years at this point. One weekend will not kill me!

(plus, I *love* the cold. Florida is my own personal hell from Jun to Oct)

Comment

Originally posted by deutsche gopher fan View Post
                any time of year in grand forks?

You kids have fun
                fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

fyp
                  Fair, I wouldn’t go there in July. Not even for kep

Comment

Meet on the MN side then afterward Kep can travel alone into the barren wastelands.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Meh. I live in Florida and have not seen snow in several years at this point. One weekend will not kill me!

(plus, I *love* the cold. Florida is my own personal hell from Jun to Oct)
                      It's early January. It actually could.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. I was happy to see that UND and Cornell scheduled each other for visits, and was disappointed when the pandemic cancelled UND's trip out east this season. It's one of the places I've wanted to see a game.

I believe this will just be Cornell's second trip to Grand Forks, with the first occurring in November of 2008, IIRC, maybe over Thanksgiving weekend?
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

You can't smoke in bars anymore in ND...SO THERE!!

;^p

Lynah,

January in NoDak can get pretty cold but it is the wind that really gets ya. Just make sure to prepare yourself.

I wish Cornell came here...but I don't think they have been since the NCAAs...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

;^p

Lynah,

January in NoDak can get pretty cold but it is the wind that really gets ya. Just make sure to prepare yourself.

They are still really mad about our rink size

Comment

;^p

Lynah,

Well, I'm certainly not planning to go OUTSIDE! :^)

For better or worse, Cornell's coach insists on home-and-home arrangements, so if UMinn won't travel to Ithaca (just try it!), then Cornell won't come to you.

Comment

Yeah...the problem with that is if the Gophers schedule a home and home with you guys then it plays havoc with the schedule because if we don't find a way to play as many Minnesota Schools (and former WCHA schools) as possible people throw a hissy fit. So lame...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X