Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Ryan Mallett

this one bummed me out. Really enjoyed watching him play. I've never seen an arm like his. I vaguely recall seeing a video of him in flip flops and gym shorts throwing the ball 80 yards.

Was pulling for him to make it in the NFL but it just never worked out. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

So you're saying they were partly at fault.

Yeah, I know legally they aren't, but I would still be all for a law that says a motorcyclist who isn't wearing a helmet is automatically deemed to be at fault for any head injuries.
    Seat belts?

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

So you're saying they were partly at fault.

Yeah, I know legally they aren't, but I would still be all for a law that says a motorcyclist who isn't wearing a helmet is automatically deemed to be at fault for any head injuries.
    True. However, stupid as it is not to protect yourself, they did not cause the accident

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Sheldon Harnick--99. Lyricist for "Matchmaker," "Sunrise, Sunset," If I Were a Rich Man," and "Tradition" from Fiddler/Broadway, as well as others.

Stranger to me, but the man made me shed tears more times than I can count. He probably didn't remember growing older either.
    Last edited by burd; 06-23-2023, 03:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Ah, the good ol' Naked I.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Roswell Angier.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ro...5a6c2372&ei=17

Photos,
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Roswell+An...ages&ia=images

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Turned this country on it's head. If the Pentagon papers had been released 6 months earlier I wouldn't have joined the military.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Daniel Ellsburg

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Swiss cyclist Gino Mader.

Crashed on the windy, twisty descent of the final climb in yesterday's stage of the Tour De Suisse, and apparently fell down a ravine and ended up submerged in water. Resuscitated at the scene, but succumbed to his injuries overnight.
    That's... awful.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Swiss cyclist Gino Mader.

Crashed on the windy, twisty descent of the final climb in yesterday's stage of the Tour De Suisse, and apparently fell down a ravine and ended up submerged in water. Resuscitated at the scene, but succumbed to his injuries overnight.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Urge Overkill drummer Blackie Onassis.

​​​​​​Getting old when you're seeing 90's band dudes dying.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    An actual actress. One left.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Glenda Jackson.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...45-1235516252/

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    John Romita. The man I associate most closely with Spiderman, as his was the work I first saw on that comic.

As an artist, he defined decades of Marvel storytelling and helped bring characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine to life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X