Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jimjamesak
    replied
    Japanese wrestling legend Antonio Inoki.

    Leave a comment:


  • LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Does Weird Al have an alibi?
    I get this reference.

    Leave a comment:


  • French Rage
    replied
    Is it true he died from getting hit in the head by Aaron Judge's 61st HR?

    #teachthecontroversy

    Leave a comment:


  • WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Does Weird Al have an alibi?

    Leave a comment:


  • dxmnkd316
    replied
    I'll be honest. I thought he died like two years ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • MissThundercat
    replied
    Rapper Coolio.

    Had some hits in the 1990s, including "Gangsta's Paradise" and "Fantastic Voyage."

    Leave a comment:


  • SonofSouthie
    replied
    Louise Fletcher.

    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/l...st-1235382490/

    Leave a comment:


  • psych
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Turns out they limited who was allowed in the streets in London and in Windsor. It was impressive. I remember listening to her Christmas addresses when I was little. And her COVID speech was just what I needed. I always felt comforted. She wasn't perfect but she had a way of addressing things with pragmatism without actually taking sides in a controversy. A skill no one in a leadership role now has.
    She may be the last leader that was treated with civility and respect. I feel like it wasn't just her that died but the last person people were willing to behave like adults for.
    Perfect.

    I’ve read a handful of pieces now questioning whether she’ll be the last Queen Regnant, with Kings set to rule for at least the next century. The monarchy is still over 50% popular in Britain, but she was by far the most popular, with William a somewhat distant second.

    Leave a comment:


  • dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Turns out they limited who was allowed in the streets in London and in Windsor. It was impressive. I remember listening to her Christmas addresses when I was little. And her COVID speech was just what I needed. I always felt comforted. She wasn't perfect but she had a way of addressing things with pragmatism without actually taking sides in a controversy. A skill no one in a leadership role now has.
    She may be the last leader that was treated with civility and respect. I feel like it wasn't just her that died but the last person people were willing to behave like adults for.
    well said

    Leave a comment:


  • leswp1
    replied
    Turns out they limited who was allowed in the streets in London and in Windsor. It was impressive. I remember listening to her Christmas addresses when I was little. And her COVID speech was just what I needed. I always felt comforted. She wasn't perfect but she had a way of addressing things with pragmatism without actually taking sides in a controversy. A skill no one in a leadership role now has.
    She may be the last leader that was treated with civility and respect. I feel like it wasn't just her that died but the last person people were willing to behave like adults for.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

    There is another YouTuber out there that I can't locate at the moment that imho did an even better version of this but for now...
    Her pronunciations are driving me nuts, especially Hohenzollern.

    Leave a comment:


  • dxmnkd316
    replied
    I learned it from wiki. They have the full family tree if you click on the Duke of Hy-Vee or something like that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

    There is another YouTuber out there that I can't locate at the moment that imho did an even better version of this but for now...

    FYI this is a very good channel.
    That's nice, thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Today I learned that all remaining European monarchies descended from a single point now.
    There is another YouTuber out there that I can't locate at the moment that imho did an even better version of this but for now...

    FYI this is a very good channel.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Today I learned that all remaining European monarchies descended from a single point now.
    When Adam delved and Eve span
    Who was then the Gentleman?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X