Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Clark Gillies, 67. Had the honor of hearing him speak at an event in LI. One of the best speeches I ever heard.
    Take another little piece of my heart now.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• A life well lived.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Right but we very rarely get in between two posters on this site in any capacity unless it's truly vile and malicious **** like fishy or Flaggy. Sometimes I tell kep and handy to calm their **** because they fight like a married couple. But usually it's hands off.

It wasn't my intention and I'm sure it wasn't anyone's intention to slight you. If it's a blind spot, I'll work to fix it.
        Ignore feature exists, that could have been used. But no, he wanted to be a dick. Pretty sure I have as many graduate degrees as him but I don’t always want to use every post as a highlight of intellectualism- sometimes less important stuff was a nice outlet. Maybe if I was a dude who talked about what Star Trek show makes me tingle I would have been better off.
        he would suggest that the “nonsense” I post drives people away, I’m sure (and again nuts to think I’m only one who posts silly stuff). *******s like him are also a reason the board is shrinking but like I said, enjoy your Star Trek tingle discussions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Ignore feature exists, that could have been used. But no, he wanted to be a dick. Pretty sure I have as many graduate degrees as him but I don’t always want to use every post as a highlight of intellectualism- sometimes less important stuff was a nice outlet. Maybe if I was a dude who talked about what Star Trek show makes me tingle I would have been better off.
          he would suggest that the “nonsense” I post drives people away, I’m sure (and again nuts to think I’m only one who posts silly stuff). *******s like him are also a reason the board is shrinking but like I said, enjoy your Star Trek tingle discussions!
          Do you have to be such a Klingon?

Comment

• Lol BURD

Comment

Pretty sure I have as many graduate degrees as him
              As he.
              Cornell University

Comment

live long and prosper
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I have to admit, I liked when the original Fishy (the Fark Independent, and not our current transphobe) dubbed him "unofun" back in the day. ;-)

Comment

Not to hijack this even more, but I mean, you do you. My first post on this topic was a general opining to everyone. My second one, while absolutely more snarky, was in response to the exact thing I was talking about in my first one. It could've easily been aimed at Handy had I seen one of his Twitter links first.

And if you think I give a flying fark about how many degrees people have, or somehow think responding to a specific question about a tv series in the actual TV show thread is wrong, well, I'd say you're way off base but whatever (and really, knocking me for Star Trek but not my liking the League of Legends anime? Talk about letting the hanging curveball go by) As I said, you do you.

Comment

• 1. What's the issue with Twitter links? Quite often they lead to great articles and likely since the poster found it via Twitter posted that connection. Keep doing it there is nonproblem

2. DGF I completely missed it but I hope you don't stay away. You're a great contributor here and you'll be missed if you don't stick around

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I have to admit, I liked when the original Fishy (the Fark Independent, and not our current transphobe) dubbed him "unofun" back in the day. ;-)
                        You guys are nuts. uno is one of the funniest posters here. Impressive considering his humble Hanover roots.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Honestly, I don't think there are any regulars here that don't add something to the board. We're so few now I feel like our personalities come through like a bunch of friends. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and I feel like we are all parts of a really unique and great community.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            1. What's the issue with Twitter links? Quite often they lead to great articles and likely since the poster found it via Twitter posted that connection. Keep doing it there is nonproblem
                            I've personally found, anecdotally, that a great deal of Twitter links (and social media generally, but it's harder to share Facebook/IG than Twitter) are simply dunking on someone for saying/doing something stupid, and given the leanings of this board, most often aimed at Cletus von Republican. Which while satisfying in the moment, isn't really any better than the Fox News poutrage of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I've personally found, anecdotally, that a great deal of Twitter links (and social media generally, but it's harder to share Facebook/IG than Twitter) are simply dunking on someone for saying/doing something stupid, and given the leanings of this board, most often aimed at Cletus von Republican. Which while satisfying in the moment, isn't really any better than the Fox News poutrage of the day.
                              Surely there is quite a bit of that but 1) Some occasional brevity can lighten up the mood 2) so long as it isn't overdone.

Similarly on the one day a week I check FB I know with fair certainty when to just scroll past a post that's going to hold no value to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Not to hijack this even more, but I mean, you do you. My first post on this topic was a general opining to everyone. My second one, while absolutely more snarky, was in response to the exact thing I was talking about in my first one. It could've easily been aimed at Handy had I seen one of his Twitter links first.

And if you think I give a flying **** about how many degrees people have, or somehow think responding to a specific question about a tv series in the actual TV show thread is wrong, well, I'd say you're way off base but whatever (and really, knocking me for Star Trek but not my liking the League of Legends anime? Talk about letting the hanging curveball go by) As I said, you do you.
                                realize of course one can type "****" on here now...
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X