Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Lang, 77, one of the promoters of the original Woodstock festival, and its sequels. You can see him in many scenes of the original concert film.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• A 17-year old at Woodstock is now 70.

On the day of Woodstock, the people who were as old then as those who were at Woodstock are now, were born in the 19th century.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        A 17-year old at Woodstock is now 70.

On the day of Woodstock, the people who were as old then as those who were at Woodstock are now, were born in the 19th century.
        1999? ;-)
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Dwayne Hickman -"Dobie Gillis" age 87. Probably more might know him from his role in Cat Ballou.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 01-10-2022, 05:12 AM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            A 17-year old at Woodstock is now 70.

K: I was one of the physicians at Woodstock (in Bethel NY of course). Simply a fabulous experience with some of the best music I ever got to hear. Was able to sit with and party with many of the acts. And yes, I am well into my 70's. The various movies about the event can not come close to doing it justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

K: I was one of the physicians at Woodstock (in Bethel NY of course). Simply a fabulous experience with some of the best music I ever got to hear. Was able to sit with and party with many of the acts. And yes, I am well into my 70's. The various movies about the event can not come close to doing it justice.
              I understand. I'll bet this was amazing too, and the people in their 70s during Woodstock would be reminiscing about it in exactly the same way -- the dates match.

As for the people in their 70s during the Aeolian gig, they'd remember this.

Last edited by Kepler; 01-09-2022, 03:53 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Good lord this requires details!!!

Comment

• Bob Saget, 65

Comment

• Originally posted by cskowen View Post
                    Bob Saget, 65
                    Time to turn the page as things are not still the same. I hope they don't toss his ashes against the wind and instead drop his urn into the ocean like a rock. The fire down below has gone out. No more Hollywood nights or night moves for old Bob. But you can still hear his old time rock & roll on the radio because rock and roll never forgets. What a beautiful loser. If it was an overdose then time ran out on him being a ramblin' gamblin' man. I wonder if his hotel was on mainstreet. Now that I think about it they should bury him in Katmandu since he was such a travelin' man. God finally told him to come to poppa because the fire inside has finally gone out. No more shakedowns he's had his famous final scene.

Yes I know it's not Bob Seger

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Time to turn the page as things are not still the same. I hope they don't toss his ashes against the wind and instead drop his urn into the ocean like a rock. The fire down below has gone out. No more Hollywood nights or night moves for old Bob. But you can still hear his old time rock & roll on the radio because rock and roll never forgets. What a beautiful loser. If it was an overdose then time ran out on him being a ramblin' gamblin' man. I wonder if his hotel was on mainstreet. Now that I think about it they should bury him in Katmandu since he was such a travelin' man. God finally told him to come to poppa because the fire inside has finally gone out. No more shakedowns he's had his famous final scene.

Yes I know it's not Bob Seger
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UEYoKxL3AiU
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by cskowen View Post
                        Bob Saget, 65
                        And I've been re-watching Entourage over the past few weeks.

Definitely not safe for work.

Last edited by rufus; 01-09-2022, 07:52 PM.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Time to…
                          Saget would’ve laughed.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good lord this requires details!!!
                            SS: What really depressed me some years ago - I had given my daughter to bring into school a shirt from the festival that I had signed by most of the listed performers (Joe Cocker, Country Joe, Arlo Guthrie, Joan Baez, CSN and Y, Richie Havens, John Sebastien, Canned Heat, Ten Years After, etc etc etc. And no one in her high school class knew who anyone was and wondered why i would even have kept that shirt!

Comment

• Lori Laughlin had him murdered because he knew too much.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Lori Laughlin had him murdered because he knew too much.
                                He just got his booster.

Just a coincidence I am sure. Even though there a lot of them these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X