Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Desmond Tutu passed.
    sorry. Didn't realize you were reacting to that. Didn't figure anyone here but Joe would have been particularly broken up about that. (More a reflection of me than anything I suppose)
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      sorry. Didn't realize you were reacting to that. Didn't figure anyone here but Joe would have been particularly broken up about that. (More a reflection of me than anything I suppose)
      He was someone I deeply admired for his advocacy efforts.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Irony.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• John Madden, 85
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            John Madden, 85
            Was he sick? They had that documentary on him last week they kept plugging, I'm wondering if they knew or it's just coincidence?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Harry Reid, 82

As to Madden, the reports say "unexpectedly".
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Harry was stylin

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status...479161347?s=21

Comment

Harry Reid, 82

As to Madden, the reports say "unexpectedly".
                  as much as it could be for an 85 yo
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• If you were over 75 and died of natural causes, then your death is not "unexpected".

Comment

John Madden, 85
                      Sad, about four days ago I thought of him out of the blue and thought he was already dead. I must have been thinking of summerall
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Also, this was SPECTACULAR

https://twitter.com/jacsonbevens/sta...101754880?s=21
                        Code:

Comment

Sad, about four days ago I thought of him out of the blue and thought he was already dead. I must have been thinking of summerall
                          Or you murdered him.

That's how Dr. Mrs. murdered Mother Theresa. Claimed she had been dead for years, sat down to look it up. Somebody flipped on the tv while she was looking it up and the news report said "Mother Theresa has died."

Mother Theresa was such an as-shole.

So, now you've gone and killed Madden. Hope you're proud of yourself.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            If you were over 75 and died of natural causes, then your death is not "unexpected".
                            Only 3% likelihood. Unexpected.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Between that and the woman who blamed his video game on the rise of CTE, I am extremely impressed not just at the ability to find something to demean the man, but the stretch that needed to happen to do it.

Now that guy just tweeted about how America isn’t ready for “Critical Sports Studies” and I would like to think it’s a troll at this point, but pretty sure he’s serious.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Between that and the woman who blamed his video game on the rise of CTE, I am extremely impressed not just at the ability to find something to demean the man, but the stretch that needed to happen to do it.

Now that guy just tweeted about how America isn’t ready for “Critical Sports Studies” and I would like to think it’s a troll at this point, but pretty sure he’s serious.
                                was that emptywheel? She's usually pretty good as a follow, a complete hot mess on this topic.

Especially when people showed plenty of clips of madden in 1993 (93!!!!!!!!) saying football players should be taken out of the game if they have a concussion. He knew how bad they were back then and the game introduced concussion protocols into it to make sure people were aware of the impacts and risks. Even without all of that, it's an argument to be made another day.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X