Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Wow! Sad when one of our own goes. Only knew of him through the boards. My condolences from Troy, NY. How old was he?
    40. Even if it was 90 everyone would say it was too soon. Awesome guy.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• This is so sad. RIP MNS. May your memory be eternal.

Comment

• I want to say "well that sucks" but it doesn't really cover it. What a ****ing gut punch...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• That's awful. Like others I only knew him through here, but what tiny few interactions I had showed him to be a fun, friendly fella.

I'm sorry to his friends and family. Life just isn't fair.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Coming out of nearly a decade of retirement to say that this sucks and is so completely not fair. RIP, MNS. You were one of the good ones.
            Always a Wildcat...
            Originally posted by Kepler
            If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

• RIP to someone I only saw once, but was an amazing Ally and overall great person.

I don't drink anymore, but will raise my coffee mug to him.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• He has some of the best snark one liners on here and I’ll dearly miss that

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  He has some of the best snark one liners on here and I’ll dearly miss that
                  two of the single best I ever heard were down in Tampa.

I think everyone's favorite was
                  a guy went roaring out of the parking lot in a big truck with loud exhaust and out of nowhere MNS yelled "SORRY ABOUT YOUR PE_NIS!"
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I'm absolutely floored by the news. I really enjoyed when he posted here and I had a blast with him and the rest of the tInvasion group. I never got to spend much time with him, but it sure felt like he was one of those people who would give you his coat when it was cold despite him then being cold.

Like was pointed out, he was good for a couple of absolute zinger one liners at the perfect time.

Ugh. I don't have the ingredients, but I feel like I need to go get the fixings for a 7 and 7 in his honor.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I only got to meet him 2 or 3 times but in those opportunities he made a very positive impression. Unassuming, humble and a cracker of wit. Loved to give **** but never with malice and was just as likely to self-deprecate. A really neat guy and I'm really sorry to hear of this. : (

Comment

• I'm just learning of this now and as others have stated, this is truly a punch to the gut. Like others I got to hang with him a couple of times on his adventures in Da U.P. I don't really have the words to put to how I feel for what was such a distant relationship (online). It really does feel like losing a close friend ='(
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Gah, that frickin’ sucks.
                            Cornell University Men's Hockey
                            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

• So many old school names coming back...great to see but **** the reason :^(
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I want to express my condolences as well. I only met MNS online but I always looked forward to his posts and sounds like he was a truly great person.
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X