Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Where did the seat belt information come from? I read a couple of the stories and neither mentioned that. And if true let's note that lack of a seat belt likely did not aid in the driver surviving nor did wearing a seat belt lead to the passengers dying.

Most likely they impacted the trees the car hit at a high rate of speed and had they not been belted in the only difference would likely have been a more gruesome scene and even greater injuries. The driver may have survived simply because his body was not in the path of as many solid objects, and had he been belted in perhaps the airbags and other safety features of expensive cars would have prevented some of his critical injuries.

I have seen any number of accidents where people belted in on one side of the car were seriously injured and those on the other side, or in back seats instead of front, suffered minor or no injuries. Much like the old Indiana State Trooper TV said on those old traffic safety commercials, I never unbuckled a corpse.
    I think that most of the twin cities print stories on the accident have referred to the fact that the two younger men were belted and the driver was not.

That said, the driver has only survived thus far. The news stories have suggested he sustained critical injuries, so who knows his ultimate result.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      That said, the driver has only survived thus far. The news stories have suggested he sustained critical injuries, so who knows his ultimate result.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Judd did.
        Huh. I always heard that Tom (who also owned Sunsets among others) as being the owner - wasn't ware Judd was involved.
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-27-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Huh. I always heard that Tom (who also owned Sunsets among others) as being the owner - wasn't ware Judd was involved.
          Well, if you want to be technical about it, I think it's actually an LLC that owns it, but that seems to be splitting hairs.

There are a variety of news events/stories out there that identify Tom as the owner, but also identify Jack Stevens as the managing partner and one of the owners, as well as a sister-in-law of Toms (Jack's wife, perhaps) also listed as one of the owners.

Sort of sounds to me like a family operation, but I don't do their books. However, I'm not going to take issue with any news reports that it's owned by the "family" of a former MN hockey player, if in fact Judd is also related to them, which it sounds like he is.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Where did the seat belt information come from? I read a couple of the stories and neither mentioned that. And if true let's note that lack of a seat belt likely did not aid in the driver surviving nor did wearing a seat belt lead to the passengers dying.

Most likely they impacted the trees the car hit at a high rate of speed and had they not been belted in the only difference would likely have been a more gruesome scene and even greater injuries. The driver may have survived simply because his body was not in the path of as many solid objects, and had he been belted in perhaps the airbags and other safety features of expensive cars would have prevented some of his critical injuries.

I have seen any number of accidents where people belted in on one side of the car were seriously injured and those on the other side, or in back seats instead of front, suffered minor or no injuries. Much like the old Indiana State Trooper TV said on those old traffic safety commercials, I never unbuckled a corpse.
            Wasn't trying to imply that the seatbelt killed them...just adding that it was another reckless behavior by the driver and yet he survived...so far.
            and the last story I saw that had that was on KARE
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill, 72

Comment

• Originally posted by cskowen View Post
                ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill, 72
                This sucks.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Wasn't trying to imply that the seatbelt killed them...just adding that it was another reckless behavior by the driver and yet he survived...so far.
                  and the last story I saw that had that was on KARE
                  Driver now in custody

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...VSZShDViT1aEFg

Comment

• Ron Popeil, the inventor of the infomercial
                    https://apnews.com/article/business-...08d0d32e32ca5f
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• I thought he died a few years back
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• "Saint" Carl Levin, former MI Senator, 87

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          The Senator from Ford.

Is he the one who was in the Senate for fifty years and then his wife popped a squat for him? And his daddy was Senator before so basically that seat has been taken since Pearl Harbor?
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The Senator from Ford.

Is he the one who was in the Senate for fifty years and then his wife popped a squat for him? And his daddy was Senator before so basically that seat has been taken since Pearl Harbor?
                            He was in the Senate for a long arse time (too long). The guy you're thinking of was Rep. John Dingell and his country club wife, Debbie, who effectively inherited his seat and still holds it.

However Carl had a son, Sander, who was also a member of the House for too long. Sander subsequently had a son, Andy, who is now occupying his seat as of 2018.

We need anti-nepotism laws to break these dynasties.

Comment

• Obituary for Mack motzko. Really nice write up

https://www.williamsdingmann.com/obi...elebrationWall

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

He was in the Senate for a long arse time (too long). The guy you're thinking of was Rep. John Dingell and his country club wife, Debbie, who effectively inherited his seat and still holds it.

However Carl had a son, Sander, who was also a member of the House for too long. Sander subsequently had a son, Andy, who is now occupying his seat as of 2018.

We need anti-nepotism laws to break these dynasties.
                                Yes, Dingell. Whom Dr. Mrs. met on the Hill and said was actually a decent person. But JFC once you serve your brat, your bro, or your b-tch can't have your seat. Even Rome adopted anti-nepotism laws.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X