Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You stand with evil people.
    Not all Clarkson fans are evil people. I know one who isn't. :-D

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by joecct View Post

Your eyes are full of hate, Kepler. Hate is good. It keeps this forum alive.

The Supreme Judge has rendered judgment on Mr. Young's immortal soul. One day, when you and I have faced our Particular Judgment, we will know what happened.
    You stand with evil people.

I do not think that will go so well for you.

I stand with good people.

I will be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    And oh boy, won't you be disappointed when that doesn't happen.

Oh, wait, no you won't. You won't be anything. You will just cease.

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    When my wife was legislative liaison for Daniel Akaka (D-HI), Don Young told her at an appropriations briefing that she, personally, would not be welcome in his state in an official capacity again after she rebutted a lie he told.

Have fun in hell, fuck boy.
    Your eyes are full of hate, Kepler. Hate is good. It keeps this forum alive.

The Supreme Judge has rendered judgment on Mr. Young's immortal soul. One day, when you and I have faced our Particular Judgment, we will know what happened.

Leave a comment:

• Jeb2020
    replied
    Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Madeleine Albright, 84
    Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that’s more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price–we think the price is worth it.

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Madeleine Albright, 84

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Noted Slayer fan.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    John Clayton.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...layton-dies-67

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    When my wife was legislative liaison for Daniel Akaka (D-HI), Don Young told her at an appropriations briefing that she, personally, would not be welcome in his state in an official capacity again after she rebutted a lie he told.

Sadly, that kind of s- was why Don Young always got re-elected.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Mish Michaels

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Don’t know if this was posted, but Johnny Grier, the NFL’s first black referee, died March 8 at 74

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I listened to a podcast a while ago about the late Nick Begich. Well, it was more about solving the mystery of his plane crash. I wonder how Alaska politics would look if he hadn’t died. Don Young took over after his death, and actually lost to him in Young’s first election that occurred while he was still missing.

Alaska had a Dem rep for eight years after it was a state. Four years of Pollock, and then Begich won two elections with 56% of the vote. I’d assume he could’ve rode the incumbency for as long as he wanted. Alaska had a Dem governor for a lot of years after that, but it would be very different having a Dem in DC getting earmarks for Dem policies instead of GOP.
    Doubtful it would've lasted by the 80's, the oil companies and Anchorage Baptist Temple would've gotten their fingers on someone by then.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    I listened to a podcast a while ago about the late Nick Begich. Well, it was more about solving the mystery of his plane crash. I wonder how Alaska politics would look if he hadn’t died. Don Young took over after his death, and actually lost to him in Young’s first election that occurred while he was still missing.

Alaska had a Dem rep for eight years after it was a state. Four years of Pollock, and then Begich won two elections with 56% of the vote. I’d assume he could’ve rode the incumbency for as long as he wanted. Alaska had a Dem governor for a lot of years after that, but it would be very different having a Dem in DC getting earmarks for Dem policies instead of GOP.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I wouldn't be celebrating, it's not like his replacement is going to be any better.
    No, I know. It’s not worth celebrating, just a good riddance. I was once stuck next to him on a long flight

Leave a comment:

Working...
X