Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I wouldn't be celebrating, it's not like his replacement is going to be any better.
    No, I know. It’s not worth celebrating, just a good riddance. I was once stuck next to him on a long flight

    Comment


    • I listened to a podcast a while ago about the late Nick Begich. Well, it was more about solving the mystery of his plane crash. I wonder how Alaska politics would look if he hadn’t died. Don Young took over after his death, and actually lost to him in Young’s first election that occurred while he was still missing.

      Alaska had a Dem rep for eight years after it was a state. Four years of Pollock, and then Begich won two elections with 56% of the vote. I’d assume he could’ve rode the incumbency for as long as he wanted. Alaska had a Dem governor for a lot of years after that, but it would be very different having a Dem in DC getting earmarks for Dem policies instead of GOP.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

      1966, 1986, 2007

      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        I listened to a podcast a while ago about the late Nick Begich. Well, it was more about solving the mystery of his plane crash. I wonder how Alaska politics would look if he hadn’t died. Don Young took over after his death, and actually lost to him in Young’s first election that occurred while he was still missing.

        Alaska had a Dem rep for eight years after it was a state. Four years of Pollock, and then Begich won two elections with 56% of the vote. I’d assume he could’ve rode the incumbency for as long as he wanted. Alaska had a Dem governor for a lot of years after that, but it would be very different having a Dem in DC getting earmarks for Dem policies instead of GOP.
        Doubtful it would've lasted by the 80's, the oil companies and Anchorage Baptist Temple would've gotten their fingers on someone by then.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • When my wife was legislative liaison for Daniel Akaka (D-HI), Don Young told her at an appropriations briefing that she, personally, would not be welcome in his state in an official capacity again after she rebutted a lie he told.

          Have fun in hell, fuck boy.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Don’t know if this was posted, but Johnny Grier, the NFL’s first black referee, died March 8 at 74
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

            WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

            Comment


            • Mish Michaels
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                When my wife was legislative liaison for Daniel Akaka (D-HI), Don Young told her at an appropriations briefing that she, personally, would not be welcome in his state in an official capacity again after she rebutted a lie he told.

                Have fun in hell, fuck boy.
                Sadly, that kind of s- was why Don Young always got re-elected.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • John Clayton.

                  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...layton-dies-67
                  A bad cause requires many words.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    Noted Slayer fan.

                    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                    KDR

                    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                    Test to see if I can add this.

                    Comment


                    • Madeleine Albright, 84
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

                      WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        Madeleine Albright, 84
                        Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that’s more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

                        Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price–we think the price is worth it.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          When my wife was legislative liaison for Daniel Akaka (D-HI), Don Young told her at an appropriations briefing that she, personally, would not be welcome in his state in an official capacity again after she rebutted a lie he told.

                          Have fun in hell, fuck boy.
                          Your eyes are full of hate, Kepler. Hate is good. It keeps this forum alive.

                          The Supreme Judge has rendered judgment on Mr. Young's immortal soul. One day, when you and I have faced our Particular Judgment, we will know what happened.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

                          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                          Comment


                          • And oh boy, won't you be disappointed when that doesn't happen.

                            Oh, wait, no you won't. You won't be anything. You will just cease.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by joecct View Post

                              Your eyes are full of hate, Kepler. Hate is good. It keeps this forum alive.

                              The Supreme Judge has rendered judgment on Mr. Young's immortal soul. One day, when you and I have faced our Particular Judgment, we will know what happened.
                              You stand with evil people.

                              I do not think that will go so well for you.

                              I stand with good people.

                              I will be just fine.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                                You stand with evil people.
                                Not all Clarkson fans are evil people. I know one who isn't. :-D

                                sigpic

                                Let's Go 'Tute!

                                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                                2012 Poser Of The Year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X