Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Bodyguard for The Million Dollar Man; Virgil, 61.
    Wonder if he's hit up St. Peter for $20 for a photo...

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Richard Lewis.

oh man
    He had an amazing cameo in Animaniacs. "I don't need spideys; spideys give me the heebie-jeebies!"

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    Bodyguard for The Million Dollar Man; Virgil, 61.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Richard Lewis.

oh man
    I hope his loved ones were told the bad news in a good way.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by jericho View Post
    One of the original Four Horsemen, Ole Anderson, 81
    The only Four Horsemen I was familiar with were from Notre Dame so this was a little confusing as the name didn't look familiar, and they would have been about 120 if they died this year.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Richard Lewis.

oh man

Leave a comment:

• jericho
    replied
    One of the original Four Horsemen, Ole Anderson, 81

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Actor Kenneth Mitchell, aged 49, from ALS. Portrayed UHN's most famous hockey alumnus Ralph Cox in the film Miracle.
    Didn’t realize he was a Wildcat. Thought he was from wherever wasn’t going to get him hit.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

That means he was around 29 when the film was created - I guess not a crazy age to play Cox.

As I was looking into it I discovered that Michael Mantenuto who played O'Callahan committed suicide in 2017, and the story behind it could be a movie in itself. He joined the Army after his acting career stalled including going into Special Forces. He fought substance abuse for years and became a 'self-help guru' sanctioned by the Army, but this was considered highly questionable by many.
    Ex UMaine boy. Last I saw him was in the concourse of the TD Garden at the final four, must have been 2004 shortly before or after the movie came out.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Actor Kenneth Mitchell, aged 49, from ALS. Portrayed UHN's most famous hockey alumnus Ralph Cox in the film Miracle.

Always liked him as an actor even before that, when I'd see him in bit parts here and there. He was one of "those" guys, the ones you'd always recognize when he popped up on screen.
    That means he was around 29 when the film was created - I guess not a crazy age to play Cox.

As I was looking into it I discovered that Michael Mantenuto who played O'Callahan committed suicide in 2017, and the story behind it could be a movie in itself. He joined the Army after his acting career stalled including going into Special Forces. He fought substance abuse for years and became a 'self-help guru' sanctioned by the Army, but this was considered highly questionable by many.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Always liked him as an actor even before that, when I'd see him in bit parts here and there. He was one of "those" guys, the ones you'd always recognize when he popped up on screen.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Golden Richards.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...er-bowl-12-win

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Lefty Driesell.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dies-at-age-92

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Alex Navalny...47...in a Russian Penal Colony...Putin finally got him.
    Putin probably did it just to mess with Tucker Carlson before he went home.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    It was a few days ago, but Bob Edwards, longtime news host at NPR died. He was 76.

In my opinion his termination from Morning Edition 20 years ago started the downward slide of NPR from legitimate news organization to just another faux "liberal" broadcaster. Though often lost in the glare from the big broadcast and cable news outlets, NPRs political coverage in the wake of trump's rise has been some of the most damaging and cowardly. While the right says organizations like CNN and MSNBC have fallen victim to trump derangement syndrome, NPRs political coverage has often resembled a sitcom, looking at trump and the MAGAt movement the same way people discuss the latest episode of their favorite comedy. Edwards and some of the other other NPR old-guard had to be wondering what happened there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X