Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Sam Jones (Celtics)

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

was that emptywheel? She's usually pretty good as a follow, a complete hot mess on this topic.

Especially when people showed plenty of clips of madden in 1993 (93!!!!!!!!) saying football players should be taken out of the game if they have a concussion. He knew how bad they were back then and the game introduced concussion protocols into it to make sure people were aware of the impacts and risks. Even without all of that, it's an argument to be made another day.
    Yeah, that was her.

I think the NFL made them take out helmets coming off sometime after 2002. Of course, they added the truck stick a few years later, which definitely promoted concussion inducing hits. But then I was just reading that it’s been ten years since Madden made it so players with concussions are done for the game. It’s not like he threw his name on NFL Blitz.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Between that and the woman who blamed his video game on the rise of CTE, I am extremely impressed not just at the ability to find something to demean the man, but the stretch that needed to happen to do it.

Now that guy just tweeted about how America isn’t ready for “Critical Sports Studies” and I would like to think it’s a troll at this point, but pretty sure he’s serious.
    was that emptywheel? She's usually pretty good as a follow, a complete hot mess on this topic.

Especially when people showed plenty of clips of madden in 1993 (93!!!!!!!!) saying football players should be taken out of the game if they have a concussion. He knew how bad they were back then and the game introduced concussion protocols into it to make sure people were aware of the impacts and risks. Even without all of that, it's an argument to be made another day.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Between that and the woman who blamed his video game on the rise of CTE, I am extremely impressed not just at the ability to find something to demean the man, but the stretch that needed to happen to do it.

Now that guy just tweeted about how America isn’t ready for “Critical Sports Studies” and I would like to think it’s a troll at this point, but pretty sure he’s serious.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    If you were over 75 and died of natural causes, then your death is not "unexpected".
    Only 3% likelihood. Unexpected.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Sad, about four days ago I thought of him out of the blue and thought he was already dead. I must have been thinking of summerall
    Or you murdered him.

That's how Dr. Mrs. murdered Mother Theresa. Claimed she had been dead for years, sat down to look it up. Somebody flipped on the tv while she was looking it up and the news report said "Mother Theresa has died."

Mother Theresa was such an as-shole.

So, now you've gone and killed Madden. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Also, this was SPECTACULAR

https://twitter.com/jacsonbevens/sta...101754880?s=21

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by joecct View Post
    John Madden, 85
    Sad, about four days ago I thought of him out of the blue and thought he was already dead. I must have been thinking of summerall

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    If you were over 75 and died of natural causes, then your death is not "unexpected".

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Harry Reid, 82

As to Madden, the reports say "unexpectedly".
    as much as it could be for an 85 yo

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Harry was stylin

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status...479161347?s=21

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    Harry Reid, 82

As to Madden, the reports say "unexpectedly".

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    John Madden, 85
    Was he sick? They had that documentary on him last week they kept plugging, I'm wondering if they knew or it's just coincidence?

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied
    John Madden, 85

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Irony.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X