Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2021 -- If you're reading this, it isn't you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I meant Lanegan, not your friend!!!
    insert laughing emoji!

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Aw man, that's so sad. Sorry for the loss of your friend Swansong.

Co-worker let me know today her dad died last Friday. We had talked earlier that week - she had flown down to Florida to help with his care as he was in decline. I did my best to provide some comforting words having gone something similar with my dad three (!!!) years ago. Been bringing up some sad memories from that time so I'm a little off kilter today.
    insert sad emoji.

sorry

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

I was wondering. Usually you aren't THAT tone deaf.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

She was as anti-drug as anyone I know, and genuinely. Booze and caffeine were it for her outside prescribed medications.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    A close friend died Sunday night and I only found out this morning. "Close" in that we'd been online friends for almost a decade but never met. We talked constantly (not romantically). I'm gutted today. Can't get things going at all.

36. Just kind of dropped dead. No warnings. Felt lousy, felt real lousy, called 911 and didn't make it to the hospital.
    Aw man, that's so sad. Sorry for the loss of your friend Swansong.

Co-worker let me know today her dad died last Friday. We had talked earlier that week - she had flown down to Florida to help with his care as he was in decline. I did my best to provide some comforting words having gone something similar with my dad three (!!!) years ago. Been bringing up some sad memories from that time so I'm a little off kilter today.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Obvious drugs are obvious?
    She was as anti-drug as anyone I know, and genuinely. Booze and caffeine were it for her outside prescribed medications.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Gary Brooker.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tuary-1310688/

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Obvious drugs are obvious?

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    thanks.

Autopsy supposedly revealed nothing, but her brother sounds like he's being cagey. 36 year old healthy people don't just drop dead.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ugh

Breaking News: Mark Lanegan, a singer for Screaming Trees and Queens of the Stone Age and an integral part of the 1980s and 1990s grunge scene, has died at 57.

:-(
    Nothing is inside the hollow shell I left behind
    Nothing left of innocence
    It's drifting with the tide

How it was and always is
    May be it never will begin
    And it won't take very long (too long)
    If you come around
    If it all goes wrong
    You can lay your head down

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ugh

Breaking News: Mark Lanegan, a singer for Screaming Trees and Queens of the Stone Age and an integral part of the 1980s and 1990s grunge scene, has died at 57.

I went to a small bar in Portland Maine to see Screaming Trees, probably around 1994, 95? He was hanging at the bar before the show. I was too intimidated to approach him. He looked like he would kill me with just his stare.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    A close friend died Sunday night and I only found out this morning. "Close" in that we'd been online friends for almost a decade but never met. We talked constantly (not romantically). I'm gutted today. Can't get things going at all.

36. Just kind of dropped dead. No warnings. Felt lousy, felt real lousy, called 911 and didn't make it to the hospital.
    Very sorry to hear this. Nothing I can say but that sucks.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Sorry Swansong. Thoughts to you and you friend's family.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Ugh

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X