Brexit 2: Happy Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Can someone (preferably not a certain person I blocked from NoDak) explain exactly what happened? I have been working nonstop the last couple weeks and dont have the patience to read about it cause well **** the British.

TIA!
    His cabinet exploded. Repeatedly. Like, it was pretty specatacular. His minister of something or other (or maybe his chancellor, I don'tknow) was one of the ones who resigned. Then two days later, the person he named to replace the former minister then called for Boris to resign.
    Wash, rinse, repeat x 40.
    Some ridiculously awkward meetings with MPs were shown saying he's politically dead and he kept saying "Nah" (and that's only a slight simplification of what he actually said)

Today he said he intends to resign. Which is interesting because I imagine it's about 50:50 whether he actually intends to. He said he wants to wait until a new leader is chosen.

There are also rumors of him trying to call an election or even the queen getting involved. Which would be extraordinary.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The cat that lives outside downing has now outlasted 3 prime ministers

Comment

• This is my favorite video so far

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/154...446446592?s=20
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

His cabinet exploded. Repeatedly. Like, it was pretty specatacular. His minister of something or other (or maybe his chancellor, I don'tknow) was one of the ones who resigned. Then two days later, the person he named to replace the former minister then called for Boris to resign.
          Some ridiculously awkward meetings with MPs were shown saying he's politically dead and he kept saying "Nah" (and that's only a slight simplification of what he actually said)

Today he said he intends to resign. Which is interesting because I imagine it's about 50:50 whether he actually intends to. He said he wants to wait until a new leader is chosen.

There are also rumors of him trying to call an election or even the queen getting involved. Which would be extraordinary.
          Danke!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I doubt the Queen gets involved. If there’s anything that is an absolute for her it’s that she’ll never get involved.

I think the Tories are trying to anything they can to avoid an election as well because they’ll get murdered right now.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              The cat that lives outside downing has now outlasted 3 prime ministers
              Probably smarter than all three.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Saw a tweet yesterday that said something like "are we going to call it Breentry now?"

Comment

• https://twitter.com/feehorne/status/...uS8TIrjVrWJL1g

;-)
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• "Our ideas cannot fail; our ideas can only be failed." https://twitter.com/Number10cat/stat...78911639871490

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      I think the Tories are trying to anything they can to avoid an election as well because they’ll get murdered right now.
                      Will they?

I'd like to believe it but if the British people had even the intelligence the good lord gave Michiganers there would never have been a Brexit.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Saw a tweet yesterday that said something like "are we going to call it Breentry now?"
                        The EU already told them to sod off.

The only way back would be if Scotland left, thus ending the United Kingdom and Great Britain. England, Northern Ireland, and Wales could then reconstitute and apply for "new" membership.

At this point just split them all up. Ireland (finally united), Scotland, England, Wales, and Cornwall. 5 different nations.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 07-12-2022, 02:28 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The EU already told them to sod off.

The only way back would be if Scotland left, thus ending the United Kingdom and Great Britain. England, Northern Ireland, and Wales could then reconstitute and apply for "new" membership.
                          I would love it if a customs union were the eventual impetus for Ireland being reunited.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• So.... I see Brexit is going well

If you see a bright flash to the east, that's not a nuke, it's the fireworks in the financial markets

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/...cAKIRDteUCLHhA
                            Code:

Comment

So.... I see Brexit is going well

If you see a bright flash to the east, that's not a nuke, it's the fireworks in the financial markets

"So many freedoms." - joecct

KDR

Comment

So.... I see Brexit is going well

Its funny to read the comments and see a "free thinker" try and down play it as part of the overall financial issues around the world just like we have around here every time the GOP tanks the economy.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X