No announcement yet.

Brexit 2: Happy Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a huge shortage of drivers in the US also. Part of the reason prices are sky high is manufacturers can't move their products off the factory floor
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

There is a huge shortage of drivers in the US also. Part of the reason prices are sky high is manufacturers can't move their products off the factory floor
      Almost as though just in time shipping doesn't provide resiliency in case of unforseen events. You'd think a bunch of people with advanced degrees in business running all those companies might have thought about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

There is a huge shortage of drivers in the US also. Part of the reason prices are sky high is manufacturers can't move their products off the factory floor
        I was told that local people will pick up the jobs that the forrriners did. I'm sure that was part of the deal in England, just like it's hammered in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Almost as though just in time shipping doesn't provide resiliency in case of unforseen events. You'd think a bunch of people with advanced degrees in business running all those companies might have thought about that.
          We don't promote intelligence anymore. We promote whomever does what their boss says.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

We don't promote intelligence anymore. We promote whomever does what their boss says.
            This is a change from... when?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Second most successful brexit in history

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status...159052802?s=21
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I guess I don’t see issue with getting animals out. Some of them were service dogs who were going to be mutilated or tortured if left behind. Others were Pets from families who had to flee.

then again I prefer animals to people so maybe I’m alone on this but I know multiple dog rescues working to get peoples pets out

Comment

• Yeah I can't agree there. I like animals more than people too as a concept but we know what the Taliban is going to do to collaborators. If any of that staff is women they will be lucky to be treated as good as dogs...

That this even needs to be discussed is a ****ing tragedy. Good thing we never negotiate with terrorists :^(
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I mean yeah unless we got every woman out..where does it end? Everyone can be branded a collaborator by the taliban

Comment

• Also holy **** I just realized they left staff behind lol. I thought people were mad that dogs were getting out.

if the staff refused to leave that’s one thing…this seems like a totally different situation

I thought people were mad that dogs were getting out at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Also holy **** I just realized they left staff behind lol. I thought people were mad that dogs were getting out.

if the staff refused to leave that’s one thing…this seems like a totally different situation

I thought people were mad that dogs were getting out at all.
                        Lol. I kept thinking, "She hasn't gotten to the line about the staff yet..." :-D

It sounds like the staff urged him to go or some nonsense. At some point you say **** this ****. It's an active war zone and you're taking up airspace and resources.
                        Code:

Comment

• Yeah I figured she missed that part :^) Otherwise she was more cynical than me which would be pretty crazy!
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• What’s even crazier is I know who the guy is from working with a different shelter.

thers another Kabul rescue run by a woman and the shelters im working with sure as hell better not leave her behind if they get their landing permit

Comment

• One good thing about Brexit from some geopolitical sites I have been reading: being rid of the UK has significantly helped solidify and unify European interests. The EU now rotates on a German-French axis, with limited input from Spain and Italy. As an American appendage, Great Britain never belonged there, so the Brits' loss is Europe's gain. They still have to accommodate the Germans' fiscal conservatism but without the derpy-derp social conservatism and xenophobia of the English (obviously the Central European states have their own brand of this but those states are weaklings and can't really leverage the power of their idiot populations against Europe the way the UK and America could).
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The confidence vote in Boris Johnson has concluded. Results are expected at the top of the hour. Most entertaining scenario is BoJo winning by a slim margin, setting off a civil war within the Conservative Party.

Comment

Working...
                                X