This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

If they want to win them they do. China is not starting a war anymore than Russia was 10 years ago when everyone was sure they were going to. (or NK any time the GOP needs to scare the Olds) You have to have money to do anything. Hell Russia barely had planes that worked yet the Righties were convinced war was imminent!!

These countries are paper tigers...they saber rattle to scare people and rouse national pride and then slink away as soon as they are even side-eyed. China would go flat broke 6 months into a war and half their military would revolt. This isn't the Cold War we actually can tell what is going on with the enemy because the people in China (or Russia or NK) tell us what is going on.

And seriously man, if you don't want to seem like a RWNJ maybe wait a few days before you completely steal their bit. There is a reason we are all prepared for whatever "questions" you ask and it isn't because we are coordinating. It is because anyone with an internet connection has seen it already.
    China and Russia could cause massive damage with long range bombs but they don’t really have much offensive capability beyond that. I read somewhere China barely has any aerial refueling capability. And they only have one or two CSG’s.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      China will never directly attack the US unless we attack first, and vice versa. The CCP's ideal scenario would be to effectively weaken America from within, to the point that they surpass us on the world stage and we effectively become a client state. We back off in Asia and Africa and let them run and plunder those regions the way they want to, while we continue to handle North & South American affairs, provide coalition troops when asked, and generally continue to police the world order in the Western Hemisphere.
      So ... China's already winning.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

So ... China's already winning.
        After your buddy tanked the Trans Pacific agreement, that was kind of a given. Being a nationalist means you pull out of the world system.

Seems like that basic info is more stuff you should already be aware of.

Comment

• Yep, China's definitely winning. I see lots of new "traffic" cameras going up around here, and I hear they're switching us over from USD to RMB next week! After I hit the local noodle shop tonight, I'm off to my mandatory night classes in Chinese History, the philosophical works of Glorious Eternal Chairman of the PRC Mao Zedong, and Mandarin as a Second Language. 你们这些眯眼的混蛋别吓我. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

After your buddy tanked the Trans Pacific agreement, that was kind of a given. Being a nationalist means you pull out of the world system.
            I do wish more things were made in America: Less worrying about Taiwan and a chip shortage. Jobs. Less stuff in Long Beach and LA harbors just waiting.

And I do miss being a net exporter of energy.
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 10-20-2021, 02:44 PM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Yep, China's definitely winning. I see lots of new "traffic" cameras going up around here, and I hear they're switching us over from USD to RMB next week! After I hit the local noodle shop tonight, I'm off to my mandatory night classes in Chinese History, the philosophical works of Glorious Eternal Chairman of the PRC Mao Zedong, and Mandarin as a Second Language. 你们这些眯眼的混蛋别吓我. ;-)
              Which Institute you at? :-)

带有电磁脉冲武器的高超音速火箭只是理论上的。 :-D
              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 10-20-2021, 02:43 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I do wish more things were made in America: Not worrying about Taiwan and a chip shortage. Jobs. Less stuff in Long Beach and LA harbors just waiting.

Should remind your buddies to be less greedy to search for the cheapest labor to build stuff. And to transfer ecological damage to other, poor, people.

Comment

I do wish more things were made in America: Not worrying about Taiwan and a chip shortage. Jobs. Less stuff in Long Beach and LA harbors just waiting.

I think we'd all like to have more stuff manufactured within the borders. I'm less sure TSMC is interested.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Should remind your buddies to be less greedy to search for the cheapest labor to build stuff. And to transfer ecological damage to other, poor, people.
                    Here we agree.

Off-shoring was/is a mistake from plethora points of view (transportation, nat'l security, eco-impacts, intellectual property).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I'm less sure TSMC is interested.
                      I'm sure they'd "welcome stiff competition." :-)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I do wish more things were made in America: Less worrying about Taiwan and a chip shortage. Jobs. Less stuff in Long Beach and LA harbors just waiting.

If things were made here they would cost twice as much. Society would break down if the ****wits had to pay $3k for an IPhone...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

If things were made here they would cost twice as much.
                          Or are foreign things underpriced because their workers are being thrashed on payday?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Here we agree.

Off-shoring was/is a mistake from plethora points of view (transportation, nat'l security, eco-impacts, intellectual property).
                            Yeah, but it made a lot of people a lot of money. You know, those ones who don't wanna pay taxes either.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Or are foreign things underpriced because their workers are being thrashed on payday?
                              Gee, maybe we could have trade agreements that do something about that. End this long-running race to the bottom.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                You know, those ones who don't wanna pay taxes either.
                                Shhh ... Warren, Jeff, Michael, George, and Elon can hear you.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X