Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So did a black dude win vroom vroom or not? I can't untangle theory v practice here.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yes.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I love that this administration appointed Dr. Rachel Levine, proud trans woman, a 4 star admiral of the US Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• What China did during its Covid home time, but it's just welcome competition. It seems it's designed to create an ... oh, something I've been handily told to not worry about (hint: echo-mike-papa). At least they're creative and not going old school fission, but instead chemical, so no fallout, so easier to move in after. I sure hope Gen. Milley gets a courtesy call that day.

How do I know it'll get used sooner or later? Ask Harry S Truman; we unfortunately set precedent.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            What China did during its Covid home time, but it's just welcome competition. It seems it's designed to create an ... oh, something I've been handily told to not worry about (hint: echo-mike-papa). At least they're creative and not going old school fission, but instead chemical, so no fallout, so easier to move in after. I sure hope Gen. Milley gets a courtesy call that day.

How do I know it'll get used sooner or later? Ask Harry S Truman; we unfortunately set precedent.
            Odd that you worry about theoretical threats from China, but not actual ones from within the US. I don't really understand that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Odd that you worry about theoretical threats from China, but not actual ones from within the US. I don't really understand that.
              China's hasn't been theoretical since August. Domestically, let the Jan 6 commission do its work.

PS -- Nice pivot to domestic whataboutism.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

China's hasn't been theoretical since August. Domestically, let the Jan 6 commission do its work.

Based on that, China has never been theoretical since the late 40s.

And LOL on your attempt at whataboutism. One threat is actual, and has attempted to overthrow a legal election, and your only posted issue with the leader is that he's too old. Cry about people who don't look like you all you want, the threat is from people who look exactly like you.

Comment

It takes courage to admit you don't know what terms mean on a message board...

Still going off about the EMP huh...I have been hearing about that for 15 years and how China is just so close to one that will be able to screw us over. China doesn't have the infrastructure or the power to do half of what the "experts" think they are gonna do to us. Not to mention, they would literally tank the global economy, cause a world war (which they would get smoked in) and destroy their status as a super power.

But sure, I bet they are just days from coming after us. Just like North Korea always seems to be within spitting distance of making an attempt.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• China is coming very quickly upon it’s reckoning and is more likely to crash the economy than lob an EMP or something.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

It takes courage to admit you don't know what terms mean on a message board...
                      Why yes, yes it does:

whataboutism: the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.
                      (... like bringing up domestic issues after a China post.)

Congrats.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        China is coming very quickly upon it’s reckoning and is more likely to crash the economy than lob an EMP or something.
                        Do countries with sound economies start wars?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Why yes, yes it does:

Congrats.
                          That isn't what he did. He was mocking you for your supposed fear of security while always ignoring it here. Whataboutism is when you says "Yeah but WHAT ABOUT" which is not the game he was playing. He wasn't pivoting he was calling you a hypocrite.

Keep trying though...you keep digging you might make it to China and stop all those EMPs that are coming!!11!
                          Last edited by Handyman; 10-20-2021, 11:45 AM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Do countries with sound economies start wars?
                            If they want to win them they do. China is not starting a war anymore than Russia was 10 years ago when everyone was sure they were going to. (or NK any time the GOP needs to scare the Olds) You have to have money to do anything. Hell Russia barely had planes that worked yet the Righties were convinced war was imminent!!

These countries are paper tigers...they saber rattle to scare people and rouse national pride and then slink away as soon as they are even side-eyed. China would go flat broke 6 months into a war and half their military would revolt. This isn't the Cold War we actually can tell what is going on with the enemy because the people in China (or Russia or NK) tell us what is going on.

And seriously man, if you don't want to seem like a RWNJ maybe wait a few days before you completely steal their bit. There is a reason we are all prepared for whatever "questions" you ask and it isn't because we are coordinating. It is because anyone with an internet connection has seen it already.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• China will never directly attack the US unless we attack first, and vice versa. The CCP's ideal scenario would be to effectively weaken America from within, to the point that they surpass us on the world stage and we effectively become a client state. We back off in Asia and Africa and let them run and plunder those regions the way they want to, while we continue to handle North & South American affairs, provide coalition troops when asked, and generally continue to police the world order in the Western Hemisphere.

Comment

Why yes, yes it does:

Congrats.
                                FWIW, they were BOTH security issues, one that's more pressing than the other. You are worried about people on the other side of the world when the real risk in our back yard.

But, like all good Republicans, you fear someone who does not look like you. Instead of the guy down the street who tried to overturn the election.

Comment

Working...
                                X