Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

???
    Was a joke scooby

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Was a joke scooby
      Ok, my detector was off there. My bad.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Lighten up, Francis.

Not sure why you would compare an African American driver in NASCAR (which is the whitest sport, ever) to an Italian Cyclist. That's approaching sic level of "comparisons".

The noose a year ago was a big deal, as was the resulting banning of the loser flag, as is this win. Surely won't change the minds of the KKK, but it will further marginalize them.
        Cause drew said we should all be happy for him. For some reason. Cause he won a race? Cause he's a black guy who won a race? Why, what's the reason? Why does everything have to be about race with you people? (that's sarcasm, BTW) I look forward to the time when we can judge a race car driver by their character and not the color of their skin.

Why do I have to be happy about some guy winning in a sport I don't care about. Drew can be happy. But he doesn't get to tell me that I need to be happy too. Cause I don't care. Just like why none of you need to be happy about Sonny Colbrelli being the first Italian in 22 years to win Paris-Roubaix. In a sport that most of you don't give a crap about. Despite it being a far better sport than watching cars go around in a circle.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• The Venn Diagram of those who think Biden sets gas prices and those who say wind and solar energy aren't feasible because "wind dies and the sun sets" is pretty much a big circle at this point.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Cause drew said we should all be happy for him. For some reason. Cause he won a race? Cause he's a black guy who won a race? Why, what's the reason? Why does everything have to be about race with you people? (that's sarcasm, BTW) I look forward to the time when we can judge a race car driver by their character and not the color of their skin.

Why do I have to be happy about some guy winning in a sport I don't care about. Drew can be happy. But he doesn't get to tell me that I need to be happy too. Cause I don't care. Just like why none of you need to be happy about Sonny Colbrelli being the first Italian in 22 years to win Paris-Roubaix. In a sport that most of you don't give a crap about. Despite it being a far better sport than watching cars go around in a circle.
            Does that mean you should go out of your way to crap on it Bubba's accomplishment?

As for Colbrelli- cycling is huge in Italy, so while it took a long time between Italian wins, a better question would be- what took so long. Auto racing in the African American community isn't quite the same. Maybe you are just overwhelmed by Lewis Hamilton's success to even appreciate what Wallace did?

Comment

• Also, Joe visited Howell/Livingston County yesterdat and was greeted with F Biden flags.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I wasn't crapping on Bubba's accomplishment.

I was crapping on Drew.

Comment

Does that mean you should go out of your way to crap on it Bubba's accomplishment?

Please don't quote the troll. It just feeds him more when people engage him.

;-)

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

As for Colbrelli- cycling is huge in Italy, so while it took a long time between Italian wins, a better question would be- what took so long. Auto racing in the African American community isn't quite the same. Maybe you are just overwhelmed by Lewis Hamilton's success to even appreciate what Wallace did?
                    Because it was a hard man's race and typically the Italians aren't capable. Sprints and tiny little climbers, the Italians are fine. But this was a race for the strong and strong willed. He did great.

Comment

• Originally posted by sagard View Post

Because it was a hard man's race and typically the Italians aren't capable. Sprints and tiny little climbers, the Italians are fine. But this was a race for the strong and strong willed. He did great.
                      And because of that, it's more significant than an African American who won a race in NASCAR? The same race series who had to ban the showing of the stars and bars at races, because it was just so racist? At the same race where the crowd chanted that they all wanted to have sex with our President?

A black driver won a big race on a deep south track, where racism is still a hobby instead of a problem. Tell me again how an Italian cyclist winning a bike race is more significant.

Comment

And because of that, it's more significant than an African American who won a race in NASCAR? The same race series who had to ban the showing of the stars and bars at races, because it was just so racist? At the same race where the crowd chanted that they all wanted to have sex with our President?

A black driver won a big race on a deep south track, where racism is still a hobby instead of a problem. Tell me again how an Italian cyclist winning a bike race is more significant.
                        Sorry man I didn’t even know there was a car race. Nor am I in any position to rank either accomplishment. I just don’t like Italian athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by sagard View Post

Sorry man I didn’t even know there was a car race. Nor am I in any position to rank either accomplishment. I just don’t like Italian athletes.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Als
                            Originally posted by sagard View Post

Also, the Italians aren't as skilled at riding the cobbles like the Belgians and French riders are, since they grow up racing on them a lot more.

Comment

• Again, I'm not claiming its more significant. I'm saying, why do I have to care when I care nothing for his sport? Drew seems to think I should, just because.

Once we get past this whole " first woman who", "first Asian who", " first black person who", we'll be a whole lot better as a society, and as a human race.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Again, I'm not claiming its more significant. I'm saying, why do I have to care when I care nothing for his sport? Drew seems to think I should, just because.

Once we get past this whole " first woman who", "first Asian who", " first black person who", we'll be a whole lot better as a society, and as a human race.
                                No kidding, but when a black person wins a race in the most racist areas in the country, in one of the most racist sports in the world- it's significant whether you like the messenger or not, or if you care about the sport or not.

crap on drew all you want, crap on nascar/autoracing all you want, don't minimize the impact this has on society.

The simple fact that Bubba Wallace has been able to put himself on a team that could win is a pretty significant accomplishment- as it shows that NASCAR understands that their "core" fans isn't as important as the general sports fans- what happened last year would have been brushed off in previous years, and the financial support that Michael Jordan got for this team would not have happened.

But it's pretty amusing that a progressive like you brings up cycling- which is the other worst sport in terms of basic participation of black athletes. Until participation gets anywhere near the population, your ideal of not talking about the first anything isn't going to happen.

At least auto racing can call a black man the most successful racer of all time in one part. The whole "first" for Mr Hamilton dropped a long, long time ago- now his adjectives have become "most" and "greatest".

Comment

Working...
                                X