No announcement yet.

POTUS 46.10: A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, but 50%(!) of all "farms" have less than $10,000 in sales. Sorry - that's not a farm, that's a vegetable stand. Including those skews the results - badly. The vast majority of food in this country is produced by factory operations. Agriculture is a business, like any other, no matter how many Normal Rockwell paintings you can produce. There's no reason it should be easier for a farmer to pass his business on to his kids than it should be for the owner of a retail shop, local bank, restaurant, or law firm.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• I thought I remember hearing the average number of farms impacted by the estate tax was like four per year. Or less.

edit: must have been under 4 percent

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...x-and-farmers/

it was 120 total in 2013.
      Currently around 0.6% would owe any taxes.
      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-14-2021, 08:16 AM.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• At a certain point it is probably a more efficient of time for Peter Doocy to pay a dominatrix to step on his balls rather than repeatedly having his stupid-*** questions slapped down by Jen Psaki.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          Yes, but 50%(!) of all "farms" have less than $10,000 in sales. Sorry - that's not a farm, that's a vegetable stand. .
          Eat local and you have no idea how much work it takes to make 10,000 in sales at a vegetable stand, its a farm not a factory

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• At some point, though, it's a failed model. There are no Mom and Pop car companies.

Learn to code.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Eat local and you have no idea how much work it takes to make 10,000 in sales at a vegetable stand, its a farm not a factory
              frowns on your shenanigans.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                At a certain point it is probably a more efficient of time for Peter Doocy to pay a dominatrix to step on his balls rather than repeatedly having his stupid-*** questions slapped down by Jen Psaki.
                Why not both? Works for him. Probably.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Wow - had to go to page 7 to dig up this thread. So nice to have a "boring" President!

Epic trolling:

<Well, okay - can't figure out how to embed the tweet. Get off my lawn.>

Biden retweeted the White House announcement about the infrastructure deal with "It's infrastructure week."
                  Last edited by LynahFan; 07-29-2021, 09:20 AM.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• I aint running naked javascript from work, man.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

This is astoundingly good news.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Is that how much Biden's tan suit cost?

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://mobile.***********/jasonfurm...24548419870723

Nice breakdown of the jobs report.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

This is astoundingly good news.
                              June also revised upwards to a number almost as high. Two months of almost million gaines.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Is that how much Biden's tan suit cost?
                                I'm assuming there's no way he's not doing that as a jab to the other side.

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X