This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

How do you feel about Hollandaise sauce in general?

I'm not fond of it. Though the seasoning really matters, and really varies.

Also, you mean to tell me you were in Denver and did not order a Denver omelet? That seems downright perverse.
    Denver "omelet" is over rated. It's more a frittata that's thin enough to fold in half than a real omelet. And by overrated, I mean in comparison to a real French omelet that is tri-folded. If you are starving to death, a Denver omelet will bring you back to life. For a few days. As I've aged, I can't eat a 3 egg frittata filled with veggies and meat anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      The Lake Elmo Inn according to my wife had the best eggs Benedict she's ever had. She loves eggs and I tolerate her nonetheless.
      Eggs are fantastic and so is every single damn thing served at the Lake Elmo Inn

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Denver "omelet" is over rated. It's more a frittata that's thin enough to fold in half than a real omelet. And by overrated, I mean in comparison to a real French omelet that is tri-folded. If you are starving to death, a Denver omelet will bring you back to life. For a few days. As I've aged, I can't eat a 3 egg frittata filled with veggies and meat anymore.
        I've never had a Denver omelet, I've just been fascinated by them since I read On the Road.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Eggs are fantastic
          Yes.

Foods that are absolutely perfect:

1. Eggs
          2. Milk
          3. Bacon
          4. Cheese
          5. Steak

I sense a pattern.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes.

1. Eggs
            2. Milk
            3. Bacon
            4. Cheese
            5. Steak

I sense a pattern.
            Nothing was perfect after breast milk.

Comment

How do you feel about Hollandaise sauce in general?

I'm not fond of it. Though the seasoning really matters, and really varies.

Also, you mean to tell me you were in Denver and did not order a Denver omelet? That seems downright perverse.
              I mean, I wouldn't do shooters of it. ;-)
              But on Benedicts, hell yes. It's just the kind of amazing thing that makes an already decadent breakfast something truly sinful.

And yeah, if it's not seasoned properly, it's just a bit much. A pinch of cayenne goes a long way.

ive never been a big fan of omelettes. Partly because I can't stand the smell of melted cheese. With few exceptions.
              1. The ****ty but oh so amazing cheese dip we have at New Years. See also, grilled cheese. So it's probably melted American I don't have an issue with.
              2. Mac & cheese. Usually.
              3. Mozzarella

If we ever make nachos and my wife melts her cheese on the chips in the microwave, I just about gag. I'm sure there are more exceptions but whatever. I generally hate melted cheese.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yes.

1. Eggs
                2. Milk
                3. Bacon
                4. Cheese
                5. Steak

I sense a pattern.
                I sense blocked arteries. ;^P

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I generally hate melted cheese.
                  Wow. Melted cheese is my #2 favorite scent, just behind mushrooms being sautéed in butter and garlic. Just walking down the street in Old Town Geneva in the winter was enough to harden your arteries, with the strength of the scents wafting from all the restaurants. Fondue is amazing, sure, but let’s talk Raclette...
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Nothing was perfect after breast milk.
                    I don't think its the milk so much as the packaging.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I mean, I wouldn't do shooters of it. ;-)
                      But on Benedicts, hell yes. It's just the kind of amazing thing that makes an already decadent breakfast something truly sinful.

And yeah, if it's not seasoned properly, it's just a bit much. A pinch of cayenne goes a long way.

ive never been a big fan of omelettes. Partly because I can't stand the smell of melted cheese. With few exceptions.
                      1. The ****ty but oh so amazing cheese dip we have at New Years. See also, grilled cheese. So it's probably melted American I don't have an issue with.
                      2. Mac & cheese. Usually.
                      3. Mozzarella

If we ever make nachos and my wife melts her cheese on the chips in the microwave, I just about gag. I'm sure there are more exceptions but whatever. I generally hate melted cheese.
                      You’re such a cheese racist :-D
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Fascinating that the current news coming from the White House is so "interesting" that the big debate is over eggs.

Was there a day between Jan 20, 2017 Jan 19, 2021 where there was a gap like that where being a crook or a racist was not discussed?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Wow. Melted cheese is my #2 favorite scent, just behind mushrooms being sautéed in butter and garlic. Just walking down the street in Old Town Geneva in the winter was enough to harden your arteries, with the strength of the scents wafting from all the restaurants. Fondue is amazing, sure, but let’s talk Raclette...
                          Lol. As I was reading this, all I could think was, he's going to bring up raciette, isn't he? He lived over there for a while. :-D
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

I don't think its the milk so much as the packaging.
                            Ambience?

Comment

• https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bide...ry?id=76544217

100 million in 58 days.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Government works like anything else. When it's staffed by competent people who care it's great. When it's staffed by incompetent sociopaths it doesn't.

Never, ever vote for any Republican, for any office, ever again.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X