This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

They are hosed because they are stupid. No one was asking for any of these high rises it is all just developers cashing in. Some of them are in the dumbest areas you can imagine. Who wants a condo across the street Tony Jaros? Nothing like waking up and going to work with green puke on the street...every day!

Speaking of stupid: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1357755105588563968

Does this guy think Biden is taking a Sun Country flight to Delaware?
    I'm not talking about the Nordeast stuff, I'm talking about the areas south of the river.

https://www.startribune.com/minneapo...art/281380231/
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Low vacancy rates are an issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Low vacancy rates are an issue?
        Around this time last year, the new places being built were prices $200-3500/moth for rent, only around 1000sq ft in size. They were maybe 30% filled back then. When these buildings have low occupancy, they start to become infested with pests. My office building is being treated right now for it due to being about 20% occupied since March. I wonder how much of the rest of downtown is going through the same thing because I know a few people who do still work downtown and they say it's like a ghost town.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• I believe there’s going to be a march towards blue and purple states more than a march towards red states.

I can tell you from my own experience that the Q-tardedness in the GOP is only getting worse. It’s one thing when it’s a few Reps in the House, it’s a whole other game when it’s on your county/city board or your school board, let alone a good portion of your state legislature. It’s a constant fight and it sucks because you know it’s a matter of time until you lose.

If I could have my current job, with it’s benefits and such, in a place like Seattle I’d be gone yesterday. Higher expenses and all. It’d be worth it for the better schools and not having full blown Q wackos in charge of the governments.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I'm not talking about the Nordeast stuff, I'm talking about the areas south of the river.

https://www.startribune.com/minneapo...art/281380231/
            That was just an example. All of them are stupid and will go bankrupt. Stuff by the Lakes has trouble selling everything else in and around the city is just a waste.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Remote work will help a lot. People can create communities of intelligence and culture even in relatively small cities. The problem has always been the concentration of the most interesting and desirable work in a few major cities (NYC, SF, DC, LA; to a lesser extent BOS, CHI, SEA). But for example my future son-in-law works out of PHX for a DC company. That's been promised for 30 years but the Plague kicked it into high gear.

If you can work in any of the top 100 cities without any discriminator, many (most?) of us will choose to abandon the major cities and go to places like Raleigh, Portland, Minneapolis, Santa Fe.

I can imagine Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah all spawning cheap, weird Portland-like large towns. And it just doesn't take much influx with such tiny base pops to begin to swing those states towards sanity.
              Last edited by Kepler; 02-05-2021, 03:57 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Remote work will help a lot. People can create communities of intelligence and culture even in relatively small cities. The problem has always been the concentration of the most interesting and desirable work in a few major cities (NYC, SF, DC, LA; to a lesser extent BOS, CHI, SEA). But for example my future son-in-law works out of PHX for a DC company. That's been promised for 30 years but the Plague kicked it into high gear.

If you can work in any of the top 100 cities without any discriminator, many (most?) of us will choose to abandon the major cities and go to places like Raleigh, Portland, Minneapolis, Santa Fe.

I can imagine Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah all spawning cheap, weird Portland-like large towns. And it just doesn't take much influx with such tiny base pops to begin to swing those states towards sanity.
                I think there is more people in some high schools here than in Wyoming or Montana ;^)

I still endorse the idea of some of the...less white...suburbs of Minneapolis invading South Dakota and annexing it. Then we just hand it back to the Natives. (still a State of the Union though) Force a White Trail of Tears!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I think there is more people in some high schools here than in Wyoming or Montana ;^)

I still endorse the idea of some of the...less white...suburbs of Minneapolis invading South Dakota and annexing it. Then we just hand it back to the Natives. (still a State of the Union though) Force a White Trail of Tears!
                  Oklahoma to the Creek.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Remote work will help a lot. People can create communities of intelligence and culture even in relatively small cities. The problem has always been the concentration of the most interesting and desirable work in a few major cities (NYC, SF, DC, LA; to a lesser extent BOS, CHI, SEA). But for example my future son-in-law works out of PHX for a DC company. That's been promised for 30 years but the Plague kicked it into high gear.

I honestly think about Raleigh, Asheville, Santa Fe, Bend.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1357822812338212865

President Biden: "If I have to choose between getting help right now to Americans who are hurting so badly and getting bogged down in a lengthy negotiation or compromising on a bill… that's an easy choice. I'm going to help the American people that are hurting now."
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I honestly think about Raleigh, Asheville, Santa Fe, Bend.
                        Raleigh is the town that doesn't really fit there. It's pretty blah.

Santa Fe and Bend are lovely. I've heard Asheville is too.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• While we are on the subject of ordering our priorities, it should be "people who" not "people that." Jeez Joe.

Comment

Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah aren’t shifting blue no matter how many people move there. Utah maybe has a shot but the Mormons will never release their death grip on politics there. The other three? Not a chance. Most of the people moving to those places are conservative folks who want to get away from Democratic run places to live around people who are like them.

Any liberal person who does move there is going to meet their neighbors and go, “who the f are these people? Why did I move here?” and want to leave pronto. Well, either that or they’ll get robbed by some redneck addicted to opiates, meth, or both.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah aren’t shifting blue no matter how many people move there. Utah maybe has a shot but the Mormons will never release their death grip on politics there. The other three? Not a chance. Most of the people moving to those places are conservative folks who want to get away from Democratic run places to live around people who are like them.

Any liberal person who does move there is going to meet their neighbors and go, “who the f are these people? Why did I move here?” and want to leave pronto. Well, either that or they’ll get robbed by some redneck addicted to opiates, meth, or both.
                              It doesn't matter that the people who live in MT and WY and especially ID right now are sovereign citizen Cliven Bundy Robert Heinlein Cato as-sholes. There are just not enough of them to resist a wave of far more educated, skilled, and wealthy NY and CA liberals if we decide to take over.

That's just what happened in NM and WA and OR, and now it's happening in AZ. The herpa derps can't compete with people who have actual abilities. They only run those states because nobody worthwhile has bothered with them yet.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 02-05-2021, 05:48 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Biden is giving up on the $15 an hour minimum wage.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X