This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    But it ain't gonna happen because all the democrats care about it taking your guns, forcing you to abort your babies and requiring that every man have at least one gay sex experience every year.
    The other guy's gonna be sore.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      Ju
      Well yes Handy is but I don't see how that's relevant.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Dean Martin: Did you ever see a Jew jitsu? Well I did....
        Sammy Davis Jr.: Hold it! Fair is fair! How would you like it if I said "Did you ever see a Wop-sicle?"
        Dean Martin: Sam... explain to Mr. Sinatra "Wop-sicle". Explain it to him...
        Sammy Davis Jr.: It's a pizza on a stick!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• DeNazification continues.

President Biden on Thursday formally withdrew Judy Shelton’s nomination to the Federal Reserve Board, closing the book on her quest to join the central bank.

Shelton’s nomination was withdrawn with more than two dozen other officials nominated by former President Trump in January shortly before he left office.
          Last edited by Kepler; 02-04-2021, 11:29 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• DeNazification continues, part 2.

The U.S. military on Wednesday acknowledged it was unsure about how to address white nationalism and other extremism in its ranks, and announced plans for military-wide stand-downs pausing regular activity at some point in the next 60 days to tackle the issue.

The decision to a hold a stand-down was made by Lloyd Austin, who made history by becoming the military’s first Black defense secretary after a long career rising in the ranks of the Army. In his confirmation hearing, Austin underscored the need to rid the military of “racists and extremists”.

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Austin ordered the stand-down after a meeting with the U.S. military branch leaders, who are under pressure to show progress in combating extremism after current and former military servicemembers were found to have participated in the siege of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              We need cost of living adjustments for all this, including income taxes. You shouldn't be punished just because you live somewhere expensive.
              Um. No.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Um. No.
                Yeah, I thought that comment was rich coming from someone who literally spent a week here telling people to move.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Well I will back Kepler up on the idea that this probably should be tied to more than just income. Last time I was in San Fran if you made 90k you were on public assistance. (that is not hyperbole) Now Kepler shouldn't be the one making the argument because, he is Kepler but that doesn't make his argument wrong. If any of us moved to NY or LA for our job we would get a cost of living raise (unless your company is cheap as fcuk) and if you had a 50k a year job living there it would not be the same as having it here in Minnesota.

The targeting would be better if we could use more than just AGI as a factor. Problem is there is just no real way to do it that won't delay things for months.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Well I will back Kepler up on the idea that this probably should be tied to more than just income. Last time I was in San Fran if you made 90k you were on public assistance. (that is not hyperbole) Now Kepler shouldn't be the one making the argument because, he is Kepler but that doesn't make his argument wrong. If any of us moved to NY or LA for our job we would get a cost of living raise (unless your company is cheap as fcuk) and if you had a 50k a year job living there it would not be the same as having it here in Minnesota.

The targeting would be better if we could use more than just AGI as a factor. Problem is there is just no real way to do it that won't delay things for months.

I agree an emergency measure should not have to jump through any additional hoop which is why I suggested we get it on the back end in fiscal policy.

I suppose it is also true that people can vote with their feet. Since 100k will get you a nice lifestyle in Petticoat Junction and it won't buy you a reservation at the homeless shelter in a real city, people would be better served to move. My Million Man March from Brooklyn to Wyoming is still on the table. The land is prettier and the whores are cheaper. And that's just the GOP reps.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I agree an emergency measure should not have to jump through any additional hoop which is why I suggested we get it on the back end in fiscal policy.

I suppose it is also true that people can vote with their feet. Since 100k will get you a nice lifestyle in Petticoat Junction and it won't buy you a reservation at the homeless shelter in a real city, people would be better served to move. My Million Man March from Brooklyn to Wyoming is still on the table. The land is prettier and the whores are cheaper. And that's just the GOP reps.
                      That march has already started. I saw an article just the other day about the huge outflow of people from California, NYC and elsewhere, to Idaho and other rural areas. The pandemic revealed that, a) people don't have to work in an office building, and b) if you're not tied to an office building, why would you ever live in a city.

Going to screw up the city planning of a lot of places like Minneapolis, though, who decide a year or two ago that everything should be geared towards packing people into cities.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

That march has already started. I saw an article just the other day about the huge outflow of people from California, NYC and elsewhere, to Idaho and other rural areas. The pandemic revealed that, a) people don't have to work in an office building, and b) if you're not tied to an office building, why would you ever live in a city.

Going to screw up the city planning of a lot of places like Minneapolis, though, who decide a year or two ago that everything should be geared towards packing people into cities.
                        Minneapolis is hosed. Prior to the pandemic, the city already had low vacancy rate issues for the new apartments and condos they've been building in and around downtown. The problem is that they're building them for younger DINKs and well-off retired couples looking for the allure of urban attractions.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• WTH is a DINK?
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Minneapolis is hosed. Prior to the pandemic, the city already had low vacancy rate issues for the new apartments and condos they've been building in and around downtown. The problem is that they're building them for younger DINKs and well-off retired couples looking for the allure of urban attractions.
                            They are hosed because they are stupid. No one was asking for any of these high rises it is all just developers cashing in. Some of them are in the dumbest areas you can imagine. Who wants a condo across the street Tony Jaros? Nothing like waking up and going to work with green puke on the street...every day!

Speaking of stupid: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1357755105588563968

Does this guy think Biden is taking a Sun Country flight to Delaware?
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              WTH is a DINK?
                              Double Income No Kids

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Double Income No Kids
                                Ah. I can’t imagine there are many of those that aren’t saddled with loads of student loan debt though.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X