This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Who cares if she’s trying to find a “solution” and “way forward”? Clearly, other Senators are too. Doesn’t mean their proposal isn’t still complete f-cking sh-t. Put Sara “Dark Money” Gideon in Congress, and Manchin can be the conservative a—hole we all know he is, and we still have a $1.9 trillion package. Seeing as this is going to have to go through budget reconciliation, and Manchin is the key vote, $1.9 trillion will probably be more like $1.4 trillion, maybe $1.2 trillion. Still better than the $600 billion pile of sh-t Collins et al. came up with, but not as bold as it could have been if Collins were gone. Your concern about any liberal legislation rings completely hollow to me.
    If I heard Jen Psaki right even the WV Governor wants a **ahem** large package passed. That is why Manchin is poutraging right now...that and VP Harris basically putting him on notice in his home state.

I love that Biden is going to listen to the Senators in good faith...but has zero intention of changing anything big. They have the support of the PEOPLE according to polling.

The GOP doesn't even have aid for states and local governments. It is a joke. It is a piece of crap faux relief bill that the GOP would pass to pretend they get something done if they were in power. They arent...and Biden isnt going to accept that weak ****e just because Susan Collins was friendly to him back in the day.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Susan speaking. Funny how she wants cooperation when her nazi party loses control.

Seriously one of the other ten would have been more effective as a spokesperson

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I would prefer to scale it proportionate to income. I don't need a check (nor do I qualify to receive one under either cutoff), but the woman who cuts my hair didn't get her first UI check until six months after she initially filed, and would've fallen behind on her house payments if she hadn't found a roommate. She definitely does.
        Fine. Give yours to her.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/s...11620885487619

In his meeting with GOP senators, Biden "reiterated that while he is hopeful that the Rescue Plan can pass with bipartisan support, a reconciliation package is a path to achieve that end" and he won't "settle for a package that fails to meet the moment," the White House says.
          Like I said...a nonstarter for Biden.

And He Has Backup

S&P: Biden coronavirus relief proposal would restore economy by summer
          Last edited by Handyman; 02-01-2021, 08:06 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• DeNazification continues.

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has ordered hundreds of Pentagon advisory board members to resign this month as part of a broad review of the panels, essentially purging several dozen who were appointed last-minute under the Trump administration.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It seems to me Republicans are setting a trap for Biden and Co with the rescue package. If they reduce the limits for a stimulus check there are going to be a lot of irritated voters next year in what would likely be a difficult election for the democrats anyway.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                It seems to me Republicans are setting a trap for Biden and Co with the rescue package. If they reduce the limits for a stimulus check there are going to be a lot of irritated voters next year in what would likely be a difficult election for the democrats anyway.
                When republicans aren't setting traps for Democratic presidents they are obstructing them. This has been the shameful behavior of that racist party since Clinton was president. It is a tired, worn out game. The only thing worse is when the Democratic president falls for it and tries to work with them. No matter what Biden does, no matter what he proposes, the party will collectively oppose it and stand in the way, reminding us daily that the republicans have two moves and only two: be the party of "no" and be racist.

The only hope for the Democrats, and for the country really, is for Biden and the Democrats in congress to ram through whatever they can, and see how smart or stupid the majority of voters are in 2022. We all know what needs to be done for the next two years. Do it and if you get voted out of power in 2022 it just proves we were doomed to begin with. And if you don't lose congress in 2022, keep it up, because that means what you are doing is working, and enough people are smart enough to see that.

It's way past time for this entire fvcking country to 5H!t or get off the pot.

Comment

• The Nazis are always Naziing. It's what they do.

Step 1. Do good.
                  Step 2. Ignore the Nazis.
                  Step 3. Win elections.
                  Step 4. Exterminate the Nazis.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-04-2021, 01:43 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

When republicans aren't setting traps for Democratic presidents they are obstructing them. This has been the shameful behavior of that racist party since Clinton was president. It is a tired, worn out game. The only thing worse is when the Democratic president falls for it and tries to work with them. No matter what Biden does, no matter what he proposes, the party will collectively oppose it and stand in the way, reminding us daily that the republicans have two moves and only two: be the party of "no" and be racist.

The only hope for the Democrats, and for the country really, is for Biden and the Democrats in congress to ram through whatever they can, and see how smart or stupid the majority of voters are in 2022. We all know what needs to be done for the next two years. Do it and if you get voted out of power in 2022 it just proves we were doomed to begin with. And if you don't lose congress in 2022, keep it up, because that means what you are doing is working, and enough people are smart enough to see that.

It's way past time for this entire fvcking country to 5H!t or get off the pot.
                    Well, we all know how ****ing stupid the country was in 2010. Galactically ****ing stupid.

"The 2010 United States elections were held on Tuesday, November 2, 2010, in the middle of Democratic President Barack Obama's first term. Republicans ended unified Democratic control of Congress and the presidency by winning a majority in the House of Representatives.

Republicans gained seven seats in the Senate (including a special election held in January 2010) but failed to gain a majority in the chamber. In the House of Representatives, Republicans won a net gain of 63 seats, the largest shift in seats since the 1948 elections.
                    "
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Apparently Biden has caved. Massive mistake.

Comment

Apparently Biden has caved. Massive mistake.
                        How you mean "caved"?
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

How you mean "caved"?
                          He’s reduced who will get a stimulus check. I think it’s a horrible move.

Comment

• He didn't cave...it is $1400 for 50k and a sliding scale up to 75K. (couples double obviously)

He basically took one piece of the GOP plan and kept the payments the same.

Here Is The Breakdown

Individuals with incomes up to $50,000 would get the full $1,400 payment. Heads of household earning up to $75,000 would also qualify, and married couples with earnings up to $100,000 would get a $2,800 payment. (Past stimulus checks were based off of “adjusted gross income,” and that is likely to be the same again).

Similar to the prior rounds of stimulus checks, people who earn slightly above those thresholds would still qualify for a partial payment.

About 71 percent of Americans would get the full benefits and another 17 percent would get the partial benefit, according to Kyle Pomerleau, a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute who specializes in tax policy. This is less than Biden’s initial proposal for the payments to go to individuals earning up to $75,000 and married couples earning up to $150,000, which would result in about 85 percent getting full payments.
                            Unless it has changed in the last hour I don't see how that would be considered caving.

edit: FWIW depending on the upper threshold I would not qualify to get anything most likely. That is annoying but overall this is fine if the GOP will back it. If they don't this should not be the plan put through in Reconciliation unless Manchin and company are gonna tank it.

Caving would be taking the crap plan they offered.

double edit: Manchin wants the phase out at 50k...that is why that is the threshold it would seem.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 02-04-2021, 04:38 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              He didn't cave...it is $1400 for 50k and a sliding scale up to 75K. (couples double obviously)

He basically took one piece of the GOP plan and kept the payments the same.

Here Is The Breakdown

Unless it has changed in the last hour I don't see how that would be considered caving.
                              I just think the people who got a check before and don’t get one this time round will take it out on democrats in 2022 if this is passes completely by them. Maybe I’m wrong but I think this is a huge error. I would have done something so that everyone who got a check before gets one this time, even if it isn’t a lot.

Comment

He’s reduced who will get a stimulus check. I think it’s a horrible move.
                                I don't think so, unless the better weight of experts show that more stimulus cash to that group will have a bigger long term benefit. His first duty is to come to the aid of the people, but cutting back on the ceiling does not impact the most needy. If you live in NYC or SF, 150k is not much, I realize.

Comment

Working...
                                X