Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 46.10: A New Hope

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Nyt has done something good.

    I got a few wrong

    https://mobile.twitter.com/emilymbad...18635477434373
    17 of 20 correct, supposedly better than 96% of Times readers. There were some lucky guesses in there though.

    Comment


    • Everyone should listen to Marc Maron's interview with Hunter Biden...good lord it shows how stupid the right truly was trying to smear this guy. To think the President got impeached trying to dig up dirt about a man who would have freely admitted to much worse things than what he was accused of. (crack addiction) It is an eye opening interview about the family and his life and it just makes me hate Faux that much more.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Everyone should listen to Marc Maron's interview with Hunter Biden...
        Marc Maron the stand-up comedian?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          Marc Maron the stand-up comedian?
          Yes he has had a podcast for years ever since air America went off the air. It is called ***. Had Obama on it right before he left office. Usually interviews comedians and actors or musicians. Very highly respected. (unlike tools like Joe Rogan)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

            Yes he has had a podcast for years ever since air America went off the air. It is called ***. Had Obama on it right before he left office. Usually interviews comedians and actors or musicians. Very highly respected. (unlike tools like Joe Rogan)
            Thanks, I will try to find it. I've heard many clips of his routines on XM comedy channels and he's often very smart.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Maron is a personal fave...seen him 3 times and met him twice. BTW it is weird you cant type the three letters for What The Fuck but you can type out the word.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • Sleepy Joe is floating a balloon about expanding the Supreme Court. My guy is ballsy, insofar as it takes big balls just to advocate for the actual best for the country, speak the truth plainly, and not cave in to false equivalencies and placation of idiots.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

                Comment


                • Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  Sleepy Joe is floating a balloon about expanding the Supreme Court. My guy is ballsy, insofar as it takes big balls just to advocate for the actual best for the country, speak the truth plainly, and not cave in to false equivalencies and placation of idiots.
                  I gotta admit...Joe has surprised me with his attitude since taking office. I figured he would be way less "controversial" but something has put him in "Zero Fucks to Give" mode and I love it! Maybe watching people he used to be friends smear him and his son (even now) triggered him. Maybe the hologram program is glitching...whatever it is I like it. He may still be a little too close to the Center for my liking but he is leading like we all said he had to; like he has 4 years to fix everything. He is governing like his hair is on fire, like we all thought Obama would.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Handyman View Post

                    I gotta admit...Joe has surprised me with his attitude since taking office. I figured he would be way less "controversial" but something has put him in "Zero Fucks to Give" mode and I love it! Maybe watching people he used to be friends smear him and his son (even now) triggered him. Maybe the hologram program is glitching...whatever it is I like it. He may still be a little too close to the Center for my liking but he is leading like we all said he had to; like he has 4 years to fix everything. He is governing like his hair is on fire, like we all thought Obama would.
                    My own theory is that Biden, as someone who has spent a good 40 years or so pursuing this kind of power, is now fully aware that he's old as dirt, his time in this mortal realm is very short, and it's all or nothing RIGHT NOW as to his legacy. And he definitely cares about presidential legacies. Also that he's a genuinely good person who cares about our country, cheesy as that may sound nowadays.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

                    Comment


                    • It may be cheesy but even my cynical *** believes it. He is one of the few people I have seen who looks genuine when he is doing stuff like comforting the young boy at the church who was afraid. He just seems like the country's favorite uncle.

                      That is why none of the Faux News/NY Post crap ever sticks. No one buys that this guy is some criminal mastermind raping all of the women in DC and bullying countries into giving his son jobs and himself millions of dollars. I honestly don't believe he throws his remote at the TV when his favorite team is losing. He probably wouldn't send back food if it was the wrong meal. (and would still tip well)

                      He isn't perfect, he obviously was a part of some legislation that in hindsight was disgusting. (and of course Anita Hill) But, just like he got Obama to do on Gay Marriage, he is willing to admit he was wrong and changes as the times change. That is really all you can ask out of someone who has been a senator since Nixon was President.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • This has been buzzing since November, but just this week I've been hearing more and more chatter here in academia email-chain world that everyone needs to polish up your research proposals having anything to do with climate change, because the long-delayed money truck is about to be backed up to our front door. Now today Biden is releasing his budget proposal which boosts science research in a very broad/multi-faceted way. (I'm never sure if I should link NYT, but you can find more there)
                        Last edited by geezer; 04-09-2021, 10:48 AM.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          It may be cheesy but even my cynical *** believes it. He is one of the few people I have seen who looks genuine when he is doing stuff like comforting the young boy at the church who was afraid. He just seems like the country's favorite uncle.

                          That is why none of the Faux News/NY Post crap ever sticks. No one buys that this guy is some criminal mastermind raping all of the women in DC and bullying countries into giving his son jobs and himself millions of dollars. I honestly don't believe he throws his remote at the TV when his favorite team is losing. He probably wouldn't send back food if it was the wrong meal. (and would still tip well)

                          He isn't perfect, he obviously was a part of some legislation that in hindsight was disgusting. (and of course Anita Hill) But, just like he got Obama to do on Gay Marriage, he is willing to admit he was wrong and changes as the times change. That is really all you can ask out of someone who has been a senator since Nixon was President.
                          I agree 100%. He's been better than I ever thought he would be.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Sleepy Joe is floating a balloon about expanding the Supreme Court. My guy is ballsy, insofar as it takes big balls just to advocate for the actual best for the country, speak the truth plainly, and not cave in to false equivalencies and placation of idiots.
                            It occurs to me that the timing of this "be a shame if something happened to your little club", at the moment when Biden has expressed how we ought to be taking a more progressive view on gun control laws and the right to shoot other people, isn't a coincidence.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              This has been buzzing since November, but just this week I've been hearing more and more chatter here in academia email-chain world that everyone needs to polish up your research proposals having anything to do with climate change, because the long-delayed money truck is about to be backed up to our front door. Now today Biden is releasing his budget proposal which boosts science research in a very broad/multi-faceted way. (I'm never sure if I should link NYT, but you can find more there)
                              Yeah...there is a reason I made sure part of my retirement is buying into "Green" mutual funds. The second Biden won I knew things were gonna shift. I thought it might take a bit longer but he seems to just not care. He knows that despite the fact it looks otherwise, the people really have given him a mandate...every poll no matter the bias shows he has the majority on his side with COVID, Infrastructure...etc.

                              It has to be driving Politico nuts. It is hard to write about how much infighting the Dems have when even the biggest firebrands aren't even making too big of a stink. When the worst you can muster is that everyone applauds the moves but will push for more in the future, there isnt much you can clickbait out of that. ;^)

                              Hell I thought he would walk away from the Gun Issue cause you know his advisors told him to (it will give the Right something to whine about besides the border) and he is just done with it. I respect a man who governs without fear of the reaction and so do the people. Plus, if he takes action and it doesn't lead to taking guns away it kinda defuses the "he is going to take your guns away" BS. Taking no action leaves a vacuum where they can say anything they want.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                It has to be driving Politico nuts. It is hard to write about how much infighting the Dems have when even the biggest firebrands aren't even making too big of a stink.
                                No it isn't. You just make sh-t up. Maureen Dowd wrote a hand-wringing piece about the state of immorality in politics quote from Matt Gaetz to Hunter Biden unquote. That's how you do it.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X