POTUS 46.10: A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The party line I keep seeing them parrot in Internet comments is that with the inflation Dems are causing, soon a lot more middle class people will be making $400k or more and thus be subject to the highest rate. I saw one comment that claimed that if the minimum wage increase passes, a six-pack will soon cost $30.

Republican voters aren't very bright. ;-)
    If Trump had won re-election everyone would be making $400k and there wouldn’t be any inflation. Best economy ever!!!!
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

If Trump had won re-election everyone would be making $400k and there wouldn’t be any inflation. Best economy ever!!!!
      This. I didn't get a raise because Biden was elected.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• One concern I have that I don't see addressed in many places is how "income" is defined. Upper income people can receive said income in a huge variety of ways that normies cannot. Stock dividends? Capital gains? W2 salary? Dozens of other ways?

I have zero philosophical problem with doing this, but as always the devil is in the details. Those with high incomes can afford tax attorneys that often much smarter than the regulators.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

That's what some of their bosses will tell them, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            One concern I have that I don't see addressed in many places is how "income" is defined. Upper income people can receive said income in a huge variety of ways that normies cannot. Stock dividends? Capital gains? W2 salary? Dozens of other ways?

I have zero philosophical problem with doing this, but as always the devil is in the details. Those with high incomes can afford tax attorneys that often much smarter than the regulators.
            Correct. If one form of income is taxed less than that is how they structure their money and income. That's why it should all be the same. Or, if you want one to be lower make it labor. Cause labor deserves it.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You could be living the good life but were worried about his tweets.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

One concern I have that I don't see addressed in many places is how "income" is defined. Upper income people can receive said income in a huge variety of ways that normies cannot. Stock dividends? Capital gains? W2 salary? Dozens of other ways?

The solution is to tax everything the same.

And to have a wealth tax.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Correct. If one form of income is taxed less than that is how they structure their money and income. That's why it should all be the same. Or, if you want one to be lower make it labor. Cause labor deserves it.
                  There is an entirely separate section of the tax code for the wealthy. The K1 is one of the keys to gaining access.

"W2's are for losers."

Comment

can afford tax attorneys that often much smarter than the regulators.
                    No, they can afford tax attorneys with more resources than the regulators. Regulators are smart, they're just outgunned.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

No, they can afford tax attorneys with more resources than the regulators. Regulators are smart, they're just outgunned.
                      Outgunned and Outmanned. Which is sad. But that's America for ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The solution is to tax everything the same.

And to have a wealth tax.
                        The only credit that should exist is for dependents. All capital gains should be treated as regular income above a certain income threshold. Pass-through schemes, trusts, etc. used to hide money should be outlawed and if/when you are caught abusing them you ought to lose everything you failed to report, plus stiff penalties on your next tax bill. Offshore inversions done to evade corporate taxes should be outlawed. Mortgage interest deductions should only apply to first-time homebuyers, or should at least be capped much lower for non-homesteaded real estate purchases. You want that lake house or ski condo? You'd better really want it.

Comment

The only credit that should exist is for dependents. All capital gains should be treated as regular income above a certain income threshold. Pass-through schemes, trusts, etc. used to hide money should be outlawed and if/when you are caught abusing them you ought to lose everything you failed to report, plus stiff penalties on your next tax bill. Offshore inversions done to evade corporate taxes should be outlawed. Mortgage interest deductions should only apply to first-time homebuyers, or should at least be capped much lower for non-homesteaded real estate purchases. You want that lake house or ski condo? You'd better really want it.
                          Yes to all of this.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Fair enough. I accept your correction ;-)
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Fair enough. I accept your correction ;-)
                              And the regulators are intentionally hamstrung, usually by Republicans but there are slime Dems who are sponges for their rich donors, too.

They deliberately cut staffing and budgets so investigators can't cover their caseloads. What if the robbers controlled the cops' budgets?
                              Cornell University

Comment

I think there should be some credit for non-profit donations. But at the same time, a crack down on those same organizations to make sure they are what they claim they are.

Other than that, can I cut and pasts your paragraph to my representation? ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X