Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 46.10: A New Hope

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That was fast... pending deposit (big chunk) from IRS showing-up in the bank account at the moment.

    Cheers!!!
    ~TTF
    Dave
    RIT - '90

    Comment


    • It's a start.

      President Biden is reportedly planning the first major hike in federal taxes in almost 30 years to fund the economic program set to follow the recently approved $1.9 trillion pandemic stimulus package.

      Unidentified sources told Bloomberg that the increases will reflect the promises Biden made during his 2020 campaign.

      The planned increases reportedly include: raising the corporate tax from 21 percent to 28 percent; increasing the income tax rate on people making more than $400,000; expanding the estate tax; paring back tax preferences on pass-through businesses such as limited-liability companies; and setting up a higher capital gains tax rate for individuals making at least $1 million.

      ...

      As Bloomberg notes, an independent analysis of the Biden campaign's tax plan conducted by the Tax Policy Center found that it would raise around $2.1 trillion over 10 years.

      Tax hikes included as part of infrastructure and job packages will likely include repealing part of former President Trump's 2017 tax law that largely benefitted corporations and wealthy individuals, the news outlet notes, citing sources close to the matter.
      Triple it.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        It's a start.



        Triple it.
        As usual, Democrats have to pay for Republicans running up our Bank of China Visa card. Someone tell dem b1tches to quit shopping at the defense contractor mall.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Someone tell dem b1tches to quit shopping at the defense contractor mall.
          Wait 5 years, though, please.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

            Wait 5 years, though, please.
            There is literally no chance of a tax increase is there? He's just posturing with no intent. I would bet right now it's more likely he renews the cuts that were beginning to expire.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by sagard View Post

              There is literally no chance of a tax increase is there? He's just posturing with no intent. I would bet right now it's more likely he renews the cuts that were beginning to expire.
              Some people want to actually pay for things were spending.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by sagard View Post

                There is literally no chance of a tax increase is there? He's just posturing with no intent. I would bet right now it's more likely he renews the cuts that were beginning to expire.
                Maybe the Dems will finally smarten up. They usually raise the tax on the rich 32 to 36 and raise it on the middle 28 to 30. DON'T DO THAT!!!!!! Raise the tax on the rich 32 to 50 and cut the tax on the middle 28 to 26.

                Just fucking accept that the vast majority of Americans are not liberals -- they are lazy, shortsighted, and strictly in it for their own interest. So fucking bribe them.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Speaking of smartening up: not now!

                  Get the systemic stuff done first: voting rights and fiscal reform. Then double back for the rest.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                    Maybe the Dems will finally smarten up. They usually raise the tax on the rich 32 to 36 and raise it on the middle 28 to 30. DON'T DO THAT!!!!!! Raise the tax on the rich 32 to 50 and cut the tax on the middle 28 to 26.

                    Just fucking accept that the vast majority of Americans are not liberals -- they are lazy, shortsighted, and strictly in it for their own interest. So fucking bribe them.
                    There are some pretty easy tax cuts to just repeal. Easier than 'raising taxes'. And what they are talking about is a tax on over $400k households- which is the vast majority of the dumpy cuts (not all, though).

                    I'm sure it will be twisted into a "socialist tax raise for all" when most Americans won't have that. Given that the people who could have easily paid to keep people from working to shut down the virus made an absolute mint instead- it's clear that money over health is very much in play for the Racists.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                      There are some pretty easy tax cuts to just repeal. Easier than 'raising taxes'. And what they are talking about is a tax on over $400k households- which is the vast majority of the dumpy cuts (not all, though).

                      I'm sure it will be twisted into a "socialist tax raise for all" when most Americans won't have that. Given that the people who could have easily paid to keep people from working to shut down the virus made an absolute mint instead- it's clear that money over health is very much in play for the Racists.
                      The party line I keep seeing them parrot in Internet comments is that with the inflation Dems are causing, soon a lot more middle class people will be making $400k or more and thus be subject to the highest rate. I saw one comment that claimed that if the minimum wage increase passes, a six-pack will soon cost $30.

                      Republican voters aren't very bright. ;-)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                        The party line I keep seeing them parrot in Internet comments is that with the inflation Dems are causing, soon a lot more middle class people will be making $400k or more and thus be subject to the highest rate. I saw one comment that claimed that if the minimum wage increase passes, a six-pack will soon cost $30.

                        Republican voters aren't very bright. ;-)
                        No, not bright at all- especially when Ds are in control. They keep harping on how bad debt and deficit are, until they are in charge- when they ramp up the debt. That has happened under every single R in charge since Reagan. And then the Democrat has been forced to clean up their debt mess every single time. So far, when they get their way, the economy has gotten going again- see late Clinton and Obama terms.

                        Somehow, the rich and powerful in the Racist party manages to get their serfs to vote in groups and policies that hurt themselves. Funny how they defend that all day long, ignoring the last 40 years of the economy.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by michvandal View Post
                          somehow, the rich and powerful in the racist party manages to get their serfs to vote in groups and policies that hurt themselves. Funny how they defend that all day long, ignoring the last 40 years of the economy.
                          Guns, god, and gays. Derp.


                          Last edited by Kepler; 03-16-2021, 09:36 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                            Somehow, the rich and powerful in the Racist party manages to get their serfs to vote in groups and policies that hurt themselves. Funny how they defend that all day long, ignoring the last 40 years of the economy.
                            "We can't help everyone, because that would include the darkies."

                            Um, yeah - and it would include you, too, numskull.

                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              "We can't help everyone, because that would include the darkies."

                              Um, yeah - and it would include you, too, numskull.
                              Republicans would rather deny their own kids health care if the alternative is to see black kids receive it too.

                              It's their Christian Values.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                                The party line I keep seeing them parrot in Internet comments is that with the inflation Dems are causing, soon a lot more middle class people will be making $400k or more and thus be subject to the highest rate. I saw one comment that claimed that if the minimum wage increase passes, a six-pack will soon cost $30.

                                Republican voters aren't very bright. ;-)
                                Come on, inflation!!!!!
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X