This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I didn't watch, but seeing the highlights and reactions it seems this SOTU couldn't have gone much better for Dark Brandon. If Ari Fleischer and Marc Theissen are whining about the tone and grasping at "most partisan SOTU ever" straws, it was good.

Even the MAGA pundidiots hated Katie Britt, lmao. After all the fire from Biden, they wanted daddy to come thundering in to the rescue. Instead, the GOP went running into mama's skirt.
    I saw a comment that said that the only people Katie Britt possibly connected with was upper class white women.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Wrong thread earlier: It was Lankford from Oklahoma, not Inhofe. Lankford nodded and said “that’s true” when Biden rattled off the specifics of the bill and said Republicans were playing politics. My fault. Either way, excellent moment when Biden was off-the-cuff destroying Republicans on the border.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
        Wrong thread earlier: It was Lankford from Oklahoma, not Inhofe. Lankford nodded and said “that’s true” when Biden rattled off the specifics of the bill and said Republicans were playing politics. My fault. Either way, excellent moment when Biden was off-the-cuff destroying Republicans on the border.
        Lankford helped write it. He was the one pimping it on every right wing pundit show and called out his buddy Mike Johnson for killing it. He got censured by the OK GOP for daring to make a deal...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://www.threads.net/@bidenharris...ztn6Zs26TGh_6A

MSNBC: Last night. the Biden campaign broke a fundraising record at 9pm, before President Biden had even spoken. They broke it again in the 10 o'clock hour, again in the 11 o'clock hour. This was the best fundraising hours of the campaign so far. The impact was great last night
          "How raising lots of cash shows Biden is old and should step down"
          -NYT probably
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            So he did what Obama wouldn't?
            Biden did what he had the privilege to do, and not risk being a one-termer.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Biden did what he had the privilege to do, and not risk being a one-termer.
              Trying to get a gig writing for Daily Kos or Mother Jones there Fade ;^)
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I liked it. Biden is no great orator. He's always been a bit of a mushmouth and he's 150 years old. But he was quick to pull out the prepared responses to the silly heckling, and dropped those responses appropriately. I didn't get a sense of "he's soooooo old...", this is simply the same Joe Biden we've known for a million years.

But I liked the fire. Came out swinging and didn't let up. I didn't love the "illegals" comment. But in a Realpolitik way, he needed to lean into that.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I said it a month ago and I will say it again...lean into the age issue! Defuse it. Even the GOP was laughing at his "I'm old" comments.

And whatever he was on last night...get him a Costco supply!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Trying to get a gig writing for Daily Kos or Mother Jones there Fade ;^)
                    Sure. I'll add watermelon and rose emojis to my Xitter bio while I'm at it. Start talking about my shame of being the descendant of colonizers.

Comment

• Biden caught on a hot mic said "I told him, Bibi, and don't repeat this, but you and I are going to have a ‘come to Jesus’ meeting.". Then when informed he had a hot mic he said “I’m on a hot mic here. Good. That’s good.”.

The protest votes had their impact...now get back on track!
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://www.threads.net/@vladaknowlt...d8ND2p5h56KO4w

Sometimes...the internet uses is powers for good!
                        Last edited by Handyman; 03-08-2024, 11:57 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• He's too low energy! He's too high energy! https://www.mediaite.com/tv/jacked-u...-union-speech/

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                            Wrong thread earlier: It was Lankford from Oklahoma, not Inhofe. Lankford nodded and said “that’s true” when Biden rattled off the specifics of the bill and said Republicans were playing politics. My fault. Either way, excellent moment when Biden was off-the-cuff destroying Republicans on the border.
                            lol. Funny story.

My wife asked me live during the broadcast who that guy was and I said Lankford, senator from Oklahoma. EARNESTLY worked with Biden on the immigration bill that the GOP torpedoed and he got pretty publicly upset that they did that.

later I read your post and was like "**** I can't believe I got that wrong"

about an hour after that analysis team on MANBC said Lankford and I did this:
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The look on Biden's face when he is like "Oh you disagree...aint that the darndest thing" when he discussed it was hilarious. Poor Mikey Johnson behind him...

BTW Mikey and Lankford host those cult prayer breakfasts together every year (with a few others) so seeing Lankford upset at him is delicious.

Biden is exactly like my Grandpa was when I was a kid. I would say something stupid and wrong and he would just smile at me and pat me on the head and push me away so the adults could talk. That is how he treats Republicans (and especially Trumpers) like "oh aren't you cute...not here is a juice box go run outside while I give this speech to save the country!".
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I saw a comment that said that the only people Katie Britt possibly connected with was upper class white women.
                                Even with them they would have to be from a particular Letterkenny part of the country. That was a country mouse's idea of what a "classy" kitchen is.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X