Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's the thing. I'm not a Democrat. I'm not sure where my feelings on this or that topic actually are, and I assume that they don't line up all that well with the DNC.

However, we have a choice between "yeah I sorta agree on some things, strongly on others, and disagree on many more" and "these people are fascists".
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      That's the thing. I'm not a Democrat. I'm not sure where my feelings on this or that topic actually are, and I assume that they don't line up all that well with the DNC.

However, we have a choice between "yeah I sorta agree on some things, strongly on others, and disagree on many more" and "these people are fascists".
      100%

I vote blue because the R's are lunacy, even on things that I lean towards their side on (like Gun Rights).

But it's also an environment where you CAN NOT be in the middle of any one subject. Here on this board, I'm considered an A-hole because I believe in keeping hunting firearms easily accessible and in the hands of those that use them responsibly. Things become "All or nothing". That's what things have dissolved down to.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I don’t remember if others have called you insane, but hunting fire arms don’t equal insanity.

insanity is drew crying about mentally incompetent people losing guns

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

100%

I vote blue because the R's are lunacy, even on things that I lean towards their side on (like Gun Rights).

But it's also an environment where you CAN NOT be in the middle of any one subject. Here on this board, I'm considered an A-hole because I believe in keeping hunting firearms easily accessible and in the hands of those that use them responsibly. Things become "All or nothing". That's what things have dissolved down to.
          You’re an A-hole? News to me. I mean, you’re a FIBBER, but other than that . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I don’t remember if others have called you insane, but hunting fire arms don’t equal insanity.

Definitely not. Legit hunting weapons that hold a legit amount and type of ammunition for hunting are just fine*.

*do not, under any circumstances, read this just to mean that we'll be coming for those in round 2.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• One round at a time in a rifle for hunting. Six rounds in a pistol for self defense.

The rest are WMD and nobody, including cops, should have them except soldiers tasked with fighting off the other guy's soldiers.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

If there was something I could do to change things in this country I certainly would. I vote for both democrats and republicans but certainly don’t love either party. Neither one reflects my views or values.
                And yet, you never seem to take issue with what Republicans might be doing.

But based on your posting history, Democrats do absolutely nothing right.

If you're serious about something you could do to change things, you could quit ****posting here all the time. But we all know you won't
                Last edited by rufus; 02-09-2024, 02:32 PM.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  One round at a time in a rifle for hunting. Six rounds in a pistol for self defense.

The rest are WMD and nobody, including cops, should have them except soldiers tasked with fighting off the other guy's soldiers.
                  As much as I’ve posted about magazine and rate limits, I’m ok with 2-3 in a bolt action magazine. Even though one of those was used to assassinate a President. Have to give a concession to those who can’t shoot.

6 rounds at a slow rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                    Have to give a concession to those who can't shoot.
                    How about they can't get a live target license until they demonstrate proficiency at a range?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I don’t remember if others have called you insane, but hunting fire arms don’t equal insanity.

I’m fine with anyone losing their guns, regardless of their circumstances, as long as there is due process.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

And yet, you never seem to take issue with what Republicans might be doing.

But based on your posting history, Democrats do absolutely nothing right.

If you're serious about something you could do to change things, you could quit ****posting here all the time. But we all know you won't
                        I’ve been pretty clear I don’t support going after Hunter Biden. Have the republicans tried to do anything else since Joe was elected? And ive obviously expressed my distaste for Trump as well.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• 'If it was 2013 - when did I stop being vice president?'

Would even Switzerland or Liechtenstein be afraid of staring down this guy?

Comment

100%

I don't think any of us have an issue with hunting weapons...especially those of us from the Upper Midwest. I don't hunt but I support hunters.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I've been met several times with "Nope, this is enough. Time to take ALL the toys away" when the discussing things following events that brought on this kind of discussion. Also "Use a bow" with regard to hunting. I've been met with opposition when propositions have been made to ban ALL long-guns and I've been against that. I've posted several times that I'm fine with 5+1 capacity for long guns an 9+1 for handguns, but been met with opposition who only want one shot and feel that is all one should need in ANY hunting situation (to which there are many regular occurrences in hunting where multiple shots are needed).

I get that this isn't a cut and dry issue, but Ive been gang-banged by several on this board who seem to think I'm advocating for Jim-Bob to be able to own a Howitzer when pointing out flaws like this.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I've been met several times with "Nope, this is enough. Time to take ALL the toys away" when the discussing things following events that brought on this kind of discussion. Also "Use a bow" with regard to hunting. I've been met with opposition when propositions have been made to ban ALL long-guns and I've been against that. I've posted several times that I'm fine with 5+1 capacity for long guns an 9+1 for handguns, but been met with opposition who only want one shot and feel that is all one should need in ANY hunting situation (to which there are many regular occurrences in hunting where multiple shots are needed).

I get that this isn't a cut and dry issue, but Ive been gang-banged by several on this board who seem to think I'm advocating for Jim-Bob to be able to own a Howitzer when pointing out flaws like this.
                                What is your stance on registration and strict liability for all gun(s)/ammunition possessed/purchased?
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X