This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

As opposed to just keeping things the way they are and increasing the deficit by almost 20 trillion.

Math isn't your strong suit, is it?
    Wait, Drew is making a stupid argument about something that decreases a debt?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Yep. Also known as Thursday.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Drew: Taxes are bad, mmmkay?

Also Drew: I want to raise the gas tax and **** everyone over.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Drew just can't seem to figure it out. Yes, the federal debt is gonna grow. His choice is, does he want it to grow by 20T, or 17T?

Cause if Biden does nothing, proposes to keep spending and taxation exactly the way it is today, right now, the the debt is gonna increase by $20 trillion. See, this is what happens when stupid people think they know more than those in charge of these things. You know, like Trump supporters.
          $3T is completely immaterial at that point. We’re going to be spending $1T to $3T per year in interest. Our country is completely ******.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

You know what else? It increases debt more than the fantasy land where revenue exceeds expenditures by $1T each year. Or the one where revenue exeeds expenditures by $2T. Balanced budget every year for the next 10 years is every bit as stupid of a benchmark to use for comparison.
            Appreciation something something depreciation tables mumble mumble

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

$3T is completely immaterial at that point. We’re going to be spending $1T to $3T per year in interest. Our country is completely ******.
              Look, the Govenment isn't a business. It isn't meant to be run like a business, it isn't meant to fall under normal business rules. It sure took me a while to come around to that too, but I did.

If it were a business, we were awfully close to seeing assets piecemeal sold off and then the country flipped to the highest bidding nation, all while the CEO takes his golden parachute to a foreign island. Long gone would be the tax writeoffs for being in debt for so long.

Wait... Mango Mussolini tried to sell off National Park land and assets. And he was schmoozing with selling state secret assets to the highest bidder.

Jesus Christ, Reagan really f*cked this country and conservatives just couldn't keep his balls out of their mouths in the 90s. They were jealous that Bill was a receiver, and they had to keep giving it to Reagan.
              Last edited by aparch; 03-09-2023, 01:27 PM.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Look, the Govenment isn't a business. It isn't meant to be run like a business, it isn't meant to fall under normal business rules. It sure took me a while to come around to that too, but I did.

If it were a business, we were awfully close to seeing assets piecemeal sold off and then the country flipped to the highest bidding nation, all while the CEO takes his golden parachute to a foreign island. Long gone would be the tax writeoffs for being in debt for so long.

Wait... Mango Mussolini tried to sell off National Park land and assets. And he was schmoozing with selling state secret assets to the highest bidder.

Jesus Christ, Reagan really f*cked this country and conservatives just couldn't keep his balls out of their mouths in the 90s. They were jealous that Bill was a receiver, and they had to keep giving it to Reagan.
                You’re partially right. Governments definitely have more runway than companies but at some point people stop buying your debt, capital goes elsewhere, good and services become scarcer, etc. If we follow the Biden plan that is where we’ll end up.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

.... If we follow the Biden plan that is where we’ll end up.
                  What other plan is there to follow?

The Republicans alternative is to tell you to stick out both hands and wish into one of them while they sh*t all over your other hand, then continue to spray sh*t everywhere like a hippopotamus with diarrhea.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Oh stop.

Nary a peep when Trump blew deficits sky high. Lots of complaints when Obama did. None again when W did. I note a pattern.

Deficits aren't good. But the idea that now there's a problem is ridiculous and so obviously disingenous.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      Deficits aren't good
                      I mean, they are the essence of both the fiscal and, to finance it, monetary policy under a capitalist system. How to live up to your neck in hock is the fiduciary basis of the entire modern world. The whole idea is borrowing to invest, not having to wait around for the physical aggregation of gold under a mercantile system. That (and technological progress driven by, again, deficit spending) is the rocket fuel that made capitalism an amplifier of global wealth.

If you want balanced budgets then you want a fundamentally anti-capitalist system in which you pay as you go and you collect public revenues to offset all spending, and you don't resort to complex financial instruments to perform monetary or fiscal judo. I'm okay with that, but the entire financial parasitic class will go to war with you to protect their gravy train of unearned income.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-09-2023, 02:15 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

$25 trillion in GDP. Every year.

You want to pay down the debt? Tax the people who are pocketing most of that GDP. **** you and your "raise gas taxes".
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Technically, it doesn't decrease a debt. It does decrease how much that debt would be otherwise.

Comment

You’re partially right. Governments definitely have more runway than companies but at some point people stop buying your debt, capital goes elsewhere, good and services become scarcer, etc. If we follow the Biden plan that is where we’ll end up.
                            No, you dimwit. If you let your Republican buddies default on the national debt, then yes, that's where we'll be.

As long as our debt has the full faith and credit of the US national government behind it, we're good. The minute you tell those people who have been buying up that debt that they aren't gonna see their investment ever again, that's when we're ****ed.

But you're probably good with your Republican buddies plans to default on the debt. Shows they're serious. Making the hard choices. Doing what has to be done. Unlike that idiot Biden.

It's kinda like sending the US military into Mexico because a couple entitled white folk decided to vacation in cartel country and got themselves killed.
                            Last edited by rufus; 03-09-2023, 03:10 PM.

Comment

No, you dimwit. If you let your Republican buddies default on the national debt, then yes, that's where we'll be.

As long as our debt has the full faith and credit of the US national government behind it, we're good. The minute you tell those people who have been buying up that debt that they aren't gonna see their investment ever again, that's when we're ****ed.

But you're probably good with your Republican buddies plans to default on the debt. Shows they're serious. Making the hard choices. Doing what has to be done. Unlike that idiot Biden.

It's kinda like sending the US military into Mexico because a couple entitled white folk decided to vacation in cartel country and got themselves killed.
                              Imagine how crazy it would be if Drew wanted us to go to war over black people from the South?

Comment

If I borrow $1 every year knowing I can make $2 from that $1, I take out that loan every time. And I continue to do that forever.

Deficit hawks are the dumbest people because they can't understand simple math and can't even pass the marshmallow test.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X