Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LynahFan
    replied
    When you admit into the mic that you're breaking the law.

Where art thou, Danny Werfel?

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Oh, gimme some of that body of Christ.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

OT God is also a classic case of a parent with NPD. They believe that they are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. They want to be admired and much-discussed by everyone. Thou shalt only pay attention to them because no one else matters (i.e., no other gods before me). Don't you dare speak ill of them (i.e., say their name in vain). And if you don't agree with their version of events and worship them, they will cut you off, lock you in the basement, and possibly even set you on fire.

But THEY LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
    From a therapeutic standpoint, I'd also like to assess the boy for bipolar, borderline, and autism.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post
    I thought good weed was the answer til I saw Reefer Madness.
    Weed won't unlock the mysteries of the universe, but it certainly might help one understand psychedelic rock.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

"Nothing in particular" also doesn't imply atheism. IIRC, the article states that most people identifying as "none" do still believe in some sort of deity or higher power, they just don't subscribe to a particular organized denomination any longer.
    So, harmless.

I'll take it.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The fundamental human problem of being thrown into an uncaring world with a death sentence has not gone away, and philosophical solutions to that problem are just too difficult for most people.
    I thought good weed was the answer til I saw Reefer Madness.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Largest group because they are classifying those reporting as agnostic, athiest, nothing in particular as one group. If they reported all Christians together (Catholics, Evangelicals, ) they'd be the largest group by far.

Still, exciting to see those of us with no religous affiliations becoming less of a minority.
    "Nothing in particular" also doesn't imply atheism. IIRC, the article states that most people identifying as "none" do still believe in some sort of deity or higher power, they just don't subscribe to a particular organized denomination any longer.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    OT God has ADHD. Hyper focused and created his project in 6 days, then crashed on the 7th. His little project was going sideways, and with extremely low frustration tolerance, so he decided to wipe everything out with a flood and start over.
    OT God is also a classic case of a parent with NPD. They believe that they are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. They want to be admired and much-discussed by everyone. Thou shalt only pay attention to them because no one else matters (i.e., no other gods before me). Don't you dare speak ill of them (i.e., say their name in vain). And if you don't agree with their version of events and worship them, they will cut you off, lock you in the basement, and possibly even set you on fire.

But THEY LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Largest group because they are classifying those reporting as agnostic, athiest, nothing in particular as one group. If they reported all Christians together (Catholics, Evangelicals, ) they'd be the largest group by far.

Still, exciting to see those of us with no religous affiliations becoming less of a minority.
    Sure, but that's just it -- affiliation. And if you think about how rare None was less than a century ago you will see that the Dead Hand is gradually relaxing.

Not that I think it's forever. The masses need religion, and always will. Some affiliation will figure out how to pack them back in. I do not think we are seeing a dramatic increase in the percentage of people who can live without the magical thinking. It's just dissatisfaction with the current brands.

The fundamental human problem of being thrown into an uncaring world with a death sentence has not gone away, and philosophical solutions to that problem are just too difficult for most people.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

When you put it like that, it sounds like a 4-year old with blocks.
    Neurodivergence recognizes neurodivergence.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    OT God has ADHD. Hyper focused and created his project in 6 days, then crashed on the 7th. His little project was going sideways, and with extremely low frustration tolerance, so he decided to wipe everything out with a flood and start over.
    When you put it like that, it sounds like a 4-year old with blocks.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    I went to a funeral at an Episcopalian church about a year and a half ago. It was "Catholic Lite" in almost every aspect, except that at communion time, everyone partaking single-filed up to a rail at the altar and knelt like it was 1952.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    Darn near doubled since 2007, so may be possible.

Copper* lining of COVID: potentially salvageable humans fell out of the habit of going to church.

*the award for COViD silver lining was locked up long ago by “disproportionate deaths of right wing anti-intellectuals.”
    For me, I still attend on occasion, but only for community and our *****in' restored organ.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X