Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the cruelest things ever said to me:

Two years ago today, a really good friend of mine died via suicide. Fundamentalists told me "well, we live in a fallen world." No empathy, no compassion, no "I may not understand, but I'm here and I'm listening." Just "we live in a fallen world."

I miss her. If you wanted to know what "love justice, love mercy, and walk humbly" looked like, she was the image. For this woman's life, she chose to party loudly with those on the margins instead of dining quietly with kings and queens. And she's not here. At the same time, I get the feeling she lives in me and I'm one of those tasked with carrying her legacy.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Us catholic bishops still working on banning church going biden from communion.

they had no issue serving newt G or billy barr, though.

I hope the entire Catholic Church burns to the ground

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Us catholic bishops still working on banning church going biden from communion.

Locally to me, the church banned a faithful lesbian from taking Communion. The church is the biggest bunch of Circle Queens on the planet. Anyone outside the Circle must be beaten, broken, and reset... or worse, pitied
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Excommunicating Biden will divide the church politically. Sounds like a very catholic plan to me.

Comment

• Also... as someone who is automatically on the receiving end of that banhammer in some denominations because of L and T in LGBT... all Biden is missing is what amounts to flavorless 4-day old bread and watered down Two Buck Chuck that's supposedly the Body and Blood of Christ.

If it's that important to him, he can probably go Episcopalian (Catholic Lite) and still get the same thing.

Comment

• Think of it this way:

Peter and Judas were both at the Last Supper. One denied Jesus three times and one betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.

It makes no sense that anyone would be denied eucharist.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Think of it this way:

Peter and Judas were both at the Last Supper. One denied Jesus three times and one betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.

It makes no sense that anyone would be denied eucharist.
                Fairy tales don't make sense.

Comment

• Death thought about it...

"Cats. Cats are nice "

(Timcat is the only thing in my life that does make sense. He's adorable and a bit heavy at 15 lbs).

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Fairy tales don't make sense.
                    That's why we need priests to interpret them for us dumbbells with too much book larnin'! ;-)

Comment

• "I'll pray for you" is a coded way of saying "go **** yourself."

Comment

"I'll pray for you" is a coded way of saying "go **** yourself."
                        Exactly. It's classic "Midwest nice".

Comment

"I'll pray for you" is a coded way of saying "go **** yourself."
                          "Bless your heart" in the South.

I always thought "I'll pray for you" was a direct threat. That's how NY Catholics mean it.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I always thought "I'll pray for you" was a direct threat. That's how NY Catholics mean it.
                            Glad you understand that.

I'll pray for you.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

And they backtrack. Not sure if a firmer call from Francis, a lighter offertory haul last weekend, an offer to start collecting taxes, or what.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Undoing the work of Purity Culture, especially being raised on that awfulness, is so not fun. Growing up in the church, the attitude was "you can be a greedy SOB who's hell bent on destroying the environment, but don't you dare use swear words, have sex, drink, smoke, use weed, do harder drugs, etc." You didn't have ownership of your body and you weren't allowed to fail; doing so got you branded a sinner and immediately rejected by all involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X