Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching America the last 4 years, we went from "God shed his grace on thee" to "I'll show you a God who falls asleep on the job; how can we win when fools can be kings?"
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Watching America the last 4 years, we went from "God shed his grace on thee" to "I'll show you a God who falls asleep on the job; how can we win when fools can be kings?"
      Don't waste your time
      Or time will waste you
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• In case you're wondering how Evangelical Christian media is covering the events of the past few days, I made the terrible mistake of going to Charisma Magazine's website.

Basically, all the articles regarding 1/6/2021 say "this is fine. God wanted this to happen. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE TEAM!"
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Re: Joel Osteen, Copeland, Meyer, etc.

Their entire job is telling the rubes anything they want to hear. Some have made a career out of it, to the point of getting their followers to buy them a new Gulfstream. At this point, my response has become "don't hate the player, hate the game."

Comment

• Huh. I don't think these people use the word "idolatry" lightly.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Dear Christian Taliban,

Choke on a bag of d-cks.

Sincerely,

Joe

President Biden’s administration on Friday revoked a last-minute memo issued by former President Trump’s Justice Department that sought to limit the scope of a landmark Supreme Court decision on workplace discrimination against the LGBTQ community.

Greg Friel, the acting head of the Justice Department’s civil rights division, on Friday issued a memo revoking a Trump administration directive in response to the Supreme Court’s June 2020 ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County. The justices ruled in a 6-3 decision that the country’s laws on sex discrimination in the workplace also apply to discrimination against LGBTQ individuals.

The Wall Street Journal reported that the Trump Justice Department’s 23-page memo dated last Sunday said the court’s ruling should not extend to areas where gender-based policies on bathrooms and sports teams are relevant. The memo also indicated that employers could cite religious beliefs as justification for discrimination against LGBTQ employees.

However, Friday’s move, first reported by Politico, revoked the Trump administration’s memo, with Friel arguing that the directive conflicted with a Wednesday executive order from Biden that committed the federal government to preventing any type of discrimination on the basis of gender identity or sexual orientation.

“I have determined that this memorandum is inconsistent in many respects with the E.O.,” Friel wrote in his Friday directive to civil rights division colleagues, according to Politico. “I plan to confer with Department leadership about issuing revised guidance that comports with the policy set forth in the E.O. As part of that process, we will seek the input of Division subject matter experts.”

Biden’s executive order, one of several actions taken on his first day in office, calls on federal government agencies to review current policies against sex discrimination to make sure they prohibit discrimination toward members of the LGBTQ community.

“Every person should be treated with respect and dignity and should be able to live without fear, no matter who they are or whom they love,” the order states. “Adults should be able to earn a living and pursue a vocation knowing that they will not be fired, demoted, or mistreated because of whom they go home to or because how they dress does not conform to sex-based stereotypes.”

The order adds that, “All persons should receive equal treatment under the law, no matter their gender identity or sexual orientation.”

Fig. 1 Can't hear MY religious liberty?
              Here, I'll turn it up for you.
              Cornell University

Comment

• Someone tried to get into an argument with me that "tattoos and piercings defile God's temple."

Counter: My body is a temple and I am the Goddess to whom it is devoted. Never DARE presume to tell me how I should adorn my altar.

Counter 2: The Bible is full of verses how "God doesn't see as man sees; God looks at the heart."

Counter: If I want to feel loved and accepted for a few hours, I'll go to a tattoo parlor, not a church.

Comment

• Evangelicals: simultaneously moaning about and promoting cancel culture since time began.

Comment

• Getting kicked out of school is probably the best thing that could have happened to this little girl

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...FGUTOt9TukOHOw

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Getting kicked out of school is probably the best thing that could have happened to this little girl

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...FGUTOt9TukOHOw
                      And she has a Mama Bear in Michigan that will hold her.

Comment

• My weak faith/lack of belief comes from those who hear "go in peace to love and serve the Lord" at 11:59 AM, then start barking at me at Meijer about something wildly outside my pay grade at 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          My weak faith/lack of belief comes from those who hear "go in peace to love and serve the Lord" at 11:59 AM, then start barking at me at Meijer about something wildly outside my pay grade at 12:06 PM.
                          While I regard religion as transparent fairy tales the rich use to control the ignorant and weak-minded, the fact that the followers of a given religion are sh-tburgers doesn't really prove the religion is garbage. It just means the followers are garbage.

Christians are loathsome, but Christianity does have a few good points. Cathedrals are nice. Evensong is lovely. Abelard and Heloise wrote the weirdest love letters ever.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 02-03-2021, 10:07 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

While I regard religion as transparent fairy tales the rich use to control the ignorant and weak-minded, the fact that the followers of a given religion are sh-tburgers doesn't really prove the religion is garbage. It just means the followers are garbage.

Christians are loathsome, but Christianity does have a few good points. Cathedrals are nice. Evensong is lovely. Abelard and Heloise wrote the weirdest love letters ever.
                            Were it not for Christianity, 90% of the world's charity would be lumps of coal.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Were it not for Christianity, 90% of the world's charity would be lumps of coal.
                              Now you're just channeling 5MinMajor.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Now you're just channeling 5MinMajor.
                                Yeah, we still have Kepler handing out $20 bills.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X