Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LeonBueno
    Hello, guys! I'm happy to be a part of community
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Originally posted by LeonBueno
      Hello, guys! I'm happy to be a part of community
      Leon Bueno was one of the lesson known people in the classroom of Season 1 of Community.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

https://***********/Israel/status/1268235838208573440

So....umm...did the official Twitter account of Israel just say Jesus is God's son?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          https://***********/Israel/status/1268235838208573440

So....umm...did the official Twitter account of Israel just say Jesus is God's son?
          Presumably we are all the sons and daughters of God.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Leon Bueno was one of the lesson known people in the classroom of Season 1 of Community.
            He was no Star-Burns.

Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

For a brief moment, I considered walking into my old church in Muskegon to say hi to people and sing the old songs.

Then I realized what would happen: a lot of "I disagree with your lifestyle" without understanding what I actually do, hearing my dead name a lot, a lot of "he/him," and plenty more. There are maybe two people in that entire parish that love all of me and are ready to stand in my presence.

**** it. I'll stay down here with Grace, where I can walk in singing "TiK ToK" by Kesha and get all sorts of Mama hugs every week. With people who get me and don't think I'm just a confused boy.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Speaking of Mama hugs, what I don't think several people understand is that a lot of my "Mama Bears" are Christians. My biggest allies down here are Christians. There are people down here who get it.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Speaking of Mama hugs, what I don't think several people understand is that a lot of my "Mama Bears" are Christians. My biggest allies down here are Christians. There are people down here who get it.
                  Does it matter to anyone other than the "several people" what you label them? To you or your "Mama Bears?"

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Does it matter to anyone other than the "several people" what you label them? To you or your "Mama Bears?"
                    Let me explain further. I get asked as a trans woman "how can you still practice your faith and associate yourself with Christians even after what a church did to you" a lot. What I'm telling you is that I learned that what happened at 1624 Hoyt St in Muskegon isn't the be all, end all of Christianity. Neither is the Catholic church. Neither are Franklin Graham, Tony Perkins, and their band of *******s. And while it is easy to label all Christians as hateful *******s, there are those down here who are open and affirming. Where the message is "we love our girl and want the best for her." And all the women down here who give me big warm hugs and treated me as their daughter: Christians.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      Let me explain further. I get asked as a trans woman "how can you still practice your faith and associate yourself with Christians even after what a church did to you" a lot. What I'm telling you is that I learned that what happened at 1624 Hoyt St in Muskegon isn't the be all, end all of Christianity. Neither is the Catholic church. Neither are Franklin Graham, Tony Perkins, and their band of *******s. And while it is easy to label all Christians as hateful *******s, there are those down here who are open and affirming. Where the message is "we love our girl and want the best for her." And all the women down here who give me big warm hugs and treated me as their daughter: Christians.
                      Thanks for expanding, MT. What I guess I meant was, what does it matter what they are called or call themselves? They're just people, as are you and I. And if they define themselves or you by some label they attach, I doubt you have much time for them. That sounds simplistic to the point of being trite, but also true, no?

Comment

• Aint God grand?
                        Cornell University

Comment

• The one place I wish would open: Grace Episcopal. That's a home for me.

Comment

• One thing about my church: we are being smart about things right now. The Great Lakes region has a plan for reopening, and right now, I'm hearing outdoor services may start soon, but it'll be awhile before the doors open.

Comment

• Oh.

“The pastor of an Atlanta megachurch has apologized for his "horrible choice of words" after saying that the "blessing of slavery" built "the framework for the world that white people live in" and suggesting that the term "white privilege" be replaced with "white blessing."

https://thehill.com/homenews/503093-...g-replace-term

Comment

• After a friend of mine, a really good friend at that died by suicide last year, Grace Episcopal tried to heal. Hope Church was there to heal. The open and affirming churches at Holland Pride last year all tried to help me heal. A few so-called Christian friends of mine simply looked at me and said "well, we live in a fallen world." Nothing of trying to pray for us, nothing of trying to heal a broken heart, just "this world is f-cked up."

Comment

Working...
                                X