Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I try not to get in Facebook fights, especially with my relatives....but I'm very tempted to comment on a post my Aunt shared:
    Share if you think it's OK to say 'Merry Christmas' and 'one nation under God'
    I want to reply with, "of course it's ok, it's always been ok (well except 'under God' wasn't added to the pledge until 1954). It's also ok to not say those things, or to wish someone Happy Holidays, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year, or Festivus.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      I try not to get in Facebook fights, especially with my relatives....but I'm very tempted to comment on a post my Aunt shared:

I want to reply with, "of course it's ok, it's always been ok (well except 'under God' wasn't added to the pledge until 1954). It's also ok to not say those things, or to wish someone Happy Holidays, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year, or Festivus.
      There's (obviously) nothing to be gained by arguing with people who are triggered by the "War on Christmas" rhetoric. Think of this stuff as providing a public service. It's a sort of mental "baby on board" sticker. "Do not attempt to reason. Back away." See also: MORON LABE, a GOP sticker, Calvin p-ssing on anything.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I was watching news reports of the shooting in Jersey City, NJ, last night and in the background I saw a sign on the side of a brick building. It occurred to me that the sign tells us more about this country than we sometimes realize. In fact, I wondered whether it should replace e pluribus unum.

Here is that sign.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          MORON LABE
          to anyone tempted to google this, don't waste your time. It seems to be an irrelevant sect of tattoo enthusiasts who broadcast support of ancient Spartans and/or assault rifles. Both of which have to do with compensation for diminutive genitalia and mental capacity.
          Or it's possible they're gamers. I'm actually not really sure.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            to anyone tempted to google this, don't waste your time. It seems to be an irrelevant sect of tattoo enthusiasts who broadcast support of ancient Spartans and/or assault rifles. Both of which have to do with compensation for diminutive genitalia and mental capacity.
            Or it's possible they're gamers. I'm actually not really sure.
            As my marine sniper co-worker who loves guns but hates the NRA told me, "it's Greek for 'I am a douc-hbag.' "
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I love liberal Christians

Comment

I am a liberal Christian. Jr. is just like his old man.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

There are now three standard responses to this line of attack:

1. "We didn't elect him because we think he's a saint." (usually men)
                  2. "Yeah, but abortion/baby murder is worse and we're getting the judges that will overturn it." (usually women)
                  3. "Deep State, Fake News, Lalalala Can't Hear You!!!!!!" (when they get tired of the mental gymnastics of the above two positions)

Comment

This morning, I opened a newsletter from the Holland Sentinel and there was an article claiming the "War on Christmas" was Christian persecution.

I thought about opening the article, but why would I want to read "Christians can't get their way all the time, so now they're persecuted" for the umpteenth time?
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Gay Jesus Netflix special creators suffer Molotov cocktail attack

Only Muslims react to satire with violence.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Oh good.

“ JUST IN: More than 900 clergy members who have been accused of child sexual abuse were reportedly not included on lists released by their dioceses and religious orders. At least 100 former clergy members who were not on the sex abuse lists have been charged with sex crimes.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...e-lists-report

Comment

Just end the Catholic Church already.

Comment

In April, I will be confirmed in the Episcopal church. I just need to go through 8 weeks of classes. At Grace Episcopal's Easter vigil the night before Easter, the Bishop will be there to confirm all who are in this class.

Comment

Looks like the Phobes are gonna take their hate ball and go home. Just like Jesus wanted.

The United Methodist Church is expected to split into more than one denomination in an attempt to bring to a close a years-long and contentious fight over same-sex marriage.

The historic schism would divide the third-largest religious denomination in the United States.

Leaders of the church announced Friday they had agreed to spin off a “traditionalist Methodist” denomination, which would continue to oppose same-sex marriage and to refuse ordination to LGBT clergy, while allowing the remaining portion of the United Methodist Church to permit same-sex marriage and LGBT clergy for the first time in its history.

The plan would need to be approved in May at the denomination’s worldwide conference.

The writers of the plan called the division “the best means to resolve our differences, allowing each part of the Church to remain true to its theological understanding, while recognizing the dignity, equality, integrity, and respect of every person.”
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Looks like the Phobes are gonna take their hate ball and go home. Just like Jesus wanted.
                                I know. And let them. I know some UMC members that won't be sad to see the phobes go.

Comment

Working...
                                X